Buyers reselling activations.

Through my business website traffic tracking I came across a website called < Deleted >where people can put money together to purchase many things online and share the cost. I discovered that there is a sub forum only for mql5 products and that they are buying products here on mql5 and splitting the activation's at a lower cost of the full purchase price.

Previously the activation's on my products were 20 and one of the buyers of my products is reselling the other 19 activation's for $22 each making him a nice little profit on top of the purchase. I have since reduced the activation's to the default of 5 to help prevent this however they can still resell the other 4.

They have listed many of the popular products for people to joint purchase. For us sellers this is not good and we are actually losing income by this. Based on the sales from that website I lost nearly $3000 and I'm sure others have lost out on sales too.

I'm not sure how exactly they are able to resell the other activation's and enable other people who have not bought on mql5 to use it. It would be great if mql5 had some more protective measures in place to protect sellers products from being resold online.

A store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots
A store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots
  • www.mql5.com
An official showcase of applications for trading from the terminal

Hello reselling activation is not allowed:

III. Buyers#

1. Any user who has enough money in the Payment System can become the Buyer.
  2. The Buyer has no right to resell the purchased Product either through the Market service or in any other way.
  3. Purchasing a Product does not mean buying rights to it. The Product is transferred to the Buyer for personal use only.
  4. Only the following Users can leave the Product reviews in a designated section of the Market service:
    1. The Users who have purchased the product;
    2. The Users who have downloaded a full version of the Product distributed at no cost.
  5. If complaints about the purchased Product arise, the Buyer should contact the Seller first to clarify the issue.
  6. The Buyer has the right to require correction of a critical error detected in the Product, resulting in the early termination of the Product operation. If the Product does not meet the stated functionality, the Buyer has the right to require the Seller to make appropriate modifications in the Product.
  7. The Buyer shall provide the Seller all information necessary for reproducing and fixing errors described in paragraph III.5 and III.6. of these Rules. Claims of general type, such as "It does not work", "The program is not working properly," etc., shall not be considered.
  8. The Buyer has the right to use the Product in accordance with the specified limited number of its installations.
  9. The Buyer has no right to decompile the Product or apply to third parties for the Product decompilation. Attempts to decompile, regardless of the result, will be considered violations of the Rules of the Product use.
  10. Products that are distributed at no charge (free) can be obtained by any User, regardless of the availability of money on the User's account in the Payment System. Products that are distributed free of charge can only be obtained through the MetaTrader Client Terminal.
  11. The Buyer has the right to receive free Product upgrades.
  12. A Product removed from the Market showcase does not affect the Buyer's ability to use paid and rented Products — all Buyers can still download and install a removed Product in their MetaTrader platforms within the available number of activations. The Administration may remove any Product from the Market showcase without notifying the Buyers for an unlimited period of time due to working processes and interaction with the Product Seller.
Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
The Market section of mql5.com is a service for safe purchasing and selling of programs written in the MQL5/MQL4 language, hereinafter referred to as Products. The "Market" service is available for use only to mql5.com registered Users aged 18 and older, who accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Market Terms of Use...

Yes I am aware of that but the buyer is reselling the activation's on another website outside of mql5.

I don't exactly know how he's doing it, but I do know who the buyer is if I'm able to report him for this?

How do you know the seller ? 

I'm not sure how it's done either but many of these sites are just scammers and they won't deliver.

If you are certain you can report to Service Desk or Market Admin.

Dustin Vlok:

Yes I am aware of that but the buyer is reselling the activation's on another website outside of mql5.

I don't exactly know how he's doing it, but I do know who the buyer is if I'm able to report him for this?

You need to report this to Metaquotes. They have lawyers which can take action against such sites.

Marco vd Heijden:

I'm not sure how it's done either but many of these sites are just scammers and they won't deliver.

That seems different, I don't think there is a scam behind it. But it's not legal either.

Marco vd Heijden:

He has contacted me here before asking questions and his username and profile picture are the same on both websites.

Alain Verleyen:
You need to report this to Metaquotes. They have lawyers which can take action against such sites.
How to report this to Metaquotes? Using service desk is no good as they takes weeks to reply.

Dustin Vlok:
How to report this to Metaquotes? Using service desk is no good as they takes weeks to reply.
I reported it but please open a ticket too.

Dustin Vlok:

Through my business website traffic tracking I came across a website called < Deleted >where people can put money together to purchase many things online and share the cost. I discovered that there is a sub forum only for mql5 products and that they are buying products here on mql5 and splitting the activation's at a lower cost of the full purchase price.

Previously the activation's on my products were 20 and one of the buyers of my products is reselling the other 19 activation's for $22 each making him a nice little profit on top of the purchase. I have since reduced the activation's to the default of 5 to help prevent this however they can still resell the other 4.

They have listed many of the popular products for people to joint purchase. For us sellers this is not good and we are actually losing income by this. Based on the sales from that website I lost nearly $3000 and I'm sure others have lost out on sales too.

I'm not sure how exactly they are able to resell the other activation's and enable other people who have not bought on mql5 to use it. It would be great if mql5 had some more protective measures in place to protect sellers products from being resold online.

Where can I find the forums? I would like to report them... This is so unfair for the sellers here that are trying to make an honest living.. these <Deleted>... and I even thought of putting out my own indicator.. Good lord, no thanks now. lol...

Dustin Vlok:

Wow.. and I just did the maths.. $22 x 19 is $418. The heck- the ROI is way better for him. <Deleted> unacceptable.

Reason: