Is this Normal? - page 2

Drazen Penic:

As I wrote above - if the indicator uses ObjectCreate() to draw something on the chart, it will show if you call the indicator via iCustom().

As William pointed - you can't prevent that, unless the indicator has some parameter that tells him not to draw objects. 

oh i see, a simple input variable that turns display on and off.

but is there a way to NOT show the separate window display when backtesting an EA (the EA draws ALL the indicators used, which is annoying) ?

do I have to use "INDICATOR_CALCULATIONS" ?

Jean Francois Le Bas:

oh i see, a simple input variable that turns display on and off.

but is there a way to NOT show the separate window display when backtesting an EA (the EA draws ALL the indicators used, which is annoying) ?

do I have to use "INDICATOR_CALCULATIONS" ?

Try this function: HideTestIndicators()

HideTestIndicators - Custom Indicators - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

Jean Francois Le Bas:

he is asking the code in reference to your post:

"My solution was easy, the indicator had sub-window input, (where to put the object,) I passed EMPTY which told the indicator not create the object."

i'd like to know also

But wont this make the indicator unusable? My case the objects are main chart objects.

Alain Verleyen:

Post a concrete indicator if you want a concrete answer. There is no general rules, it all depends of what is coded in the indicator called.

Just one example, if the indicator draws objects with a pattern in the name like "iCustomIndi*", then your EA could delete them.

But wont this also delete the indicator objects when you want to use both on the same chart?

Drazen Penic:

Try this function: HideTestIndicators()

So perhaps we need something like HideLiveIndicators() :-D

Tonny Obare:

But wont this make the indicator unusable? My case the objects are main chart objects.

you need to "convert" objects into data buffers

for example, instead of arrows use a buffer with value 1 for up arrow, 2 for down arrow, and 0 for no arrow

Jeff

Jean Francois Le Bas:

you need to "convert" objects into data buffers

for example, instead of arrows use a buffer with value 1 for up arrow, 2 for down arrow, and 0 for no arrow

Jeff

Most of the objects are text values and descriptions.

Reason: