Trend analysis

Hey guys,

Just wondering what you use to identify trends.

you use moving averages..maybe other indicators you look at Investopedia for that information.

Willie Freshour:
you use moving averages..maybe other indicators you look at Investopedia for that information.
Thanks for your response, i am familiar with these concepts and i have my own methods. I am more curious to specific ways others approach this.

Adx is a great indicator to fellow trend !

With due respect - perhaps be a little more open.  You will be much more likely to get some responses.  As we dont know what you do how would we improve it.  Willie took the time to respond, a waste of time for him as you are allready familar with MA.

Example:

Hey all.  I'm currently working on Trend Analysis and am using MA, bla bla and bla.  It does not signal a reversal quick enough.

Any ideas on how to improve this?

Market Condition

The beginning:

1. Market condition indicators/tools thread 
  2. Market condition and EAs thread 
  3. How to use Support and Resistance Effectively - educational thread 
  4. Trend indicators thread
After

1. Market Condition Evaluation (2 EAs were created) - the summary 
  2. Market Condition Evaluation based on standard indicators in Metatrader 5 - the key thread 
  3. Market condition - AbsoluteStrength indicator - the page

============

Martijn T De Vries:

Hey guys,

Just wondering what you use to identify trends.

I don't agree with the other guys' comments. There is nothing wrong with the question but people always assume you know nothing unfortunately. 

You will probably find that it is not very interesting to ask questions because of lack of quality answers, so it is usually more interesting to search code base and also through Sergey's links. 

I think the way to look at trend for me is to ultimately look at overall momentum of the past few days and not the individual more short lived up and down trends within this overall momentum. So I can go back to a starting point say for example a mknth ago and me scrolling through chart forwards in time with just ma and maybe Bollinger set or even nothing set on chart. So I keep scrolling assessing momentum until I get to today's price and see if based on this what I think the latest momentum is. 

Actual indicators could be bb50 dev 3 shift2 for me or
Ma5 shift1. 

The indicators don't really tell me any hard instructions like buy or sell they just there 

What do you use? 
Reason: