MT4 built in trailing working incorrectly

Hi all

I've noticed some very peculiar behaviour with my MT4 trailing stops on a few positions.

I’ve got a short position on EURAUD and it’s gotten to the profit level where training stops kick in.

I have a 1600 point trail in my trade settings, but I just noticed there have been a number of times where the newly adjusted stop loss for a short position is being increased.

I’ve highlighted the example below where you can see the stop loss being modified down (as the price dropped) - all good - but then there is a moment when the stop loss gets increased 0.2 pips.

I went back thru my journal and this has happened with multiple positions, not just the EURAUD trade.

Is this a bug with MT4? It seems like a pretty fundamental issue if I cant leave positions open overnight because of trail not working properly. Love to know if you have come across this and what I can do about it…

Any advice appreciated, thanks

Craig

Files:

ralsto: I just noticed there have been a number of times where the newly adjusted stop loss for a short position is being increased.

Is this a bug with MT4?
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. Yes it's a MT4 bug. If the market is moving fast, multiple modify requests can get sent out and the SL updated in the wrong order. Thus, the SL sometimes moves one tick in the wrong direction. The next tick will correct the SL. Live with it.

William Roeder:
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. Yes it's a MT4 bug. If the market is moving fast, multiple modify requests can get sent out and the SL updated in the wrong order. Thus, the SL sometimes moves one tick in the wrong direction. The next tick will correct the SL. Live with it.

thanks so much for the clarification and sincere apologies for the rookie post in wrong spot.

Reason: