Issue with delays between MT5 and broker server - page 2

Hi guys! I am new to MT5 and need some help with technical issues on it. Sometimes, when I drag an instrument into the chart section

it gives me a blank screen and later populates. In other instances, if I drag an instrument and change the timeframe to one month, it will

start to populate the data slowly. In other cases, the market watch section does not show any price feed and is only static, then it moves again.

In other cases, an indicator on the 2 hour could be pointing upwards on the 2 hours and when I later check it up, it was already pointing down 

4 hours ago. I get live feed from the exchange and cannot understand these things.

I did not have any issues with MT4, so why is MT5 different?

balinga68 #: Hi guys! I am new to MT5 and need some help with technical issues on it. Sometimes, when I drag an instrument into the chart section. it gives me a blank screen and later populates. In other instances, if I drag an instrument and change the timeframe to one month, it will start to populate the data slowly. In other cases, the market watch section does not show any price feed and is only static, then it moves again. In other cases, an indicator on the 2 hour could be pointing upwards on the 2 hours and when I later check it up, it was already pointing down 4 hours ago. I get live feed from the exchange and cannot understand these things. I did not have any issues with MT4, so why is MT5 different?

It's not so much about a question of MT4 and MT5, but rather the time it is taking to download quote and tick data from your broker.

Obviously for MT5, much more data needs to be downloaded, but it is usually not a problem. When there is a problem, it is usually with the broker itself or with the Internet network connection. In all, I don't have any problems with delays for my broker's data and my current latency to my broker is approximately 40-60ms. So, maybe you can have a look at what latency you have with your broker.

I have also noticed, that on some brokers, their demo accounts update very slowly, but their real accounts load faster. As an example, some weeks ago, when I was doing some tests for a customer, I had these slow-downs with the ICMarkets demo accounts.

As an informational side note, on MT4, only the data of the specific chart time-frame is downloaded when you open it, but on MT5 when you open any chart for a symbol, it needs to download all M1 OHLC data for that symbol and then builds all the other time-frames. So in that respect, MT5 needs to download more data and so may seem slower than MT4, but in contrast all the data is cached so any time-frame opened thereafter is much quicker to open than on MT4 where any new time-frame would need to be downloaded too.

Reason: