MQ4 EA does not show up in MT4/5 Platform

Hi everyone,

I'm currently having some problems with the installation of an EA. I've downloaded the free EA "Martingale VI Hybrid.mq4" from Codebase. I tried to add it to MT5, but it didn't show up between my Expert Advisors. I installed it in the correct folder (AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\...) I was thinking maybe .mq4 files are not compatible with MT5, so I downloaded MT4 afterwards but it also didn't show up on here. Next, I downloaded a .mq5 EA to test if this would show up between my Expert Advisors, and it did. I've reinstalled the MetaTrader platform a couple of times and tried to find a solution on the internet, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything. Could anyone help me out? 

Thanks in advance.

Damon

Martingale VI Hybrid
Martingale VI Hybrid
  • www.mql5.com
This EA has 5 versions,enters trades according to the conditions of two "Moving Averages". If the trade goes in the opposite direction after a predetermined number of pips, then it opens another trade in the same direction of the first trade. The process repeats itself until profit is taken. By opening a trade only with a new candle it prevents...

Dam0n:

Hi everyone,

I'm currently having some problems with the installation of an EA. I've downloaded the free EA "Martingale VI Hybrid.mq4" from Codebase. I tried to add it to MT5, but it didn't show up between my Expert Advisors. I installed it in the correct folder (AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\...) I was thinking maybe .mq4 files are not compatible with MT5, so I downloaded MT4 afterwards but it also didn't show up on here. Next, I downloaded a .mq5 EA to test if this would show up between my Expert Advisors, and it did. I've reinstalled the MetaTrader platform a couple of times and tried to find a solution on the internet, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything. Could anyone help me out? 

Thanks in advance.

Damon

I've downloaded the free EA "Martingale VI Hybrid.mq4" from Codebase.

how do you suppose to get an ea for MT4 work on MT5 ?

Martingale VI Hybrid
Martingale VI Hybrid
  • www.mql5.com
This EA has 5 versions,enters trades according to the conditions of two "Moving Averages". If the trade goes in the opposite direction after a predetermined number of pips, then it opens another trade in the same direction of the first trade. The process repeats itself until profit is taken. By opening a trade only with a new candle it prevents...

Kenneth Parling:

how do you suppose to get an ea for MT4 work on MT5 ?

Hi Kenneth. Thank you for your reply. Well, as I said, I've also tried installing the EA on MT4, but it didn't work either...

Dam0n:

Hi Kenneth. Thank you for your reply. Well, as I said, I've also tried installing the EA on MT4, but it didn't work either...

did you put the .mq4 in the correct folder? As it's an expert adviser type it needs to be put into -  Open Data Folder/MQL4/Experts

did you check it for errors? if not, check terminal logs.

I placed the .mq4 together with the already installed EA's in - /AppData/Roaming/MetaQuotes/Terminal/.../MQL5/Experts/Advisors. 

I just noticed that the folder is actually named MQL5 instead of MQL4, and that the platform interface is the same as MT5. However, I downloaded it as the MT4 platform from https://www.metatrader4.com/. It seems like it installed MT5 instead of MT4. This is odd because the file is actually called mt4setup.exe. Is there a way to download the true MT4 platform?

MetaTrader 4 Platform for Forex Trading and Technical Analysis
MetaTrader 4 Platform for Forex Trading and Technical Analysis
  • www.metatrader4.com
Millions of traders with a wide range of needs choose MetaTrader 4 to trade in the market. The platform offers ample of opportunities to traders of all skill levels: advanced technical analysis, flexible trading system, algorithmic trading and Expert Advisors, as well as...

Kenneth Parling:

did you put the .mq4 in the correct folder? As it's an expert adviser type it needs to be put into -  Open Data Folder/MQL4/Experts

did you check it for errors? if not, check terminal logs.

I downloaded the MT4 platform from my broker's site instead, and now it seems to work. Thank you!

Dam0n:
I downloaded the MT4 platform from my broker's site instead, and now it seems to work. Thank you!

Your're welcome! It could be confusing yes and the only way to get MT4 is by downloading it from your broker.

hey Demon can you share the link please I'm having the same issue

Reason: