[...] EA - wont work

I have purchased and EA - [...] - [...] but I cant get it working. I've tried to contact the author, who has just ignored my messages. Has anyone else had this problem, or has anyone got this EA working? The author has posted on his profile that the EA took trades and made decent profit on 4/4/20, but mine hasn't taken any trades at all, despite following the installation instructions very carefully. Other than that, is there anything I could be doing wrong? I have purchased another EA from someone else, which is working fine and so I don't think I've set it up wrong. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Discussion about Market products is prohibited on the forum sorry.

----------------

If someone tells and he bought EA for MT5 and it does not work so it is the information about how to check it before (and after) buying -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2020.04.06 06:36

If you connect your Metatrader to your real account, and after that - you will backtest EA with "every tick based on real ticks" mode so it will be same as you are trading by this EA on your real account (absolutely same).
I mean: if EA work in backtesting with "every tick based on real ticks" so EA will work on the account.

----------------

A store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots
A store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots
  • www.mql5.com
An official showcase of applications for trading from the terminal

crimond:
I have purchased and EA - [...] - [...] but I cant get it working. I've tried to contact the author, who has just ignored my messages. Has anyone else had this problem, or has anyone got this EA working? The author has posted on his profile that the EA took trades and made decent profit on 4/4/20, but mine hasn't taken any trades at all, despite following the installation instructions very carefully. Other than that, is there anything I could be doing wrong? I have purchased another EA from someone else, which is working fine and so I don't think I've set it up wrong. Thanks to anyone that can help.

no one can know except for the author him self what's gone wrong in this case. You also need to be a little bit patient waiting for a reply from the developer.

Wish you all the best, hope it get's solved ;-)

crimond:

You should always contact the author/seller in such cases, also you can address any problems or questions about your purchase in the comments section of the product.

I have tried to contact the seller on a number of occasions, he just reads and ignores the messages. Hes also posted that the EA hes using has taken trades, but it hasn't taken it on my platform. I have meticulously input all the parameters he wrote in the instructions. I have paid $1300 for tis so quite annoyedwith it. He's posted that he wont respond to 'activations', and only to people that have bought his EA, whatever that means (I purchased a 6 month rent in order to trial it before I but the full version)

crimond:
I have tried to contact the seller on a number of occasions, he just reads and ignores the messages. Hes also posted that the EA hes using has taken trades, but it hasn't taken it on my platform. I have meticulously input all the parameters he wrote in the instructions. I have paid $1300 for tis so quite annoyedwith it. He's posted that he wont respond to 'activations', and only to people that have bought his EA, whatever that means (I purchased a 6 month rent in order to trial it before I but the full version)

I've contacted the seller and asked him to provide you with some help/support.

If doesn't get in touch with you, please let me know.

Ok thanks, 

I'm not sure if its genuine, as there is another trader who has purchased and is in the same position as me, I'll see what happens, thanks.

crimond:

Ok thanks, 

I'm not sure if its genuine, as there is another trader who has purchased and is in the same position as me, I'll see what happens, thanks.

Did you asked the seller any questions or got any support from him, before you've paid $1300 to rent it?

Its sounds very strange to pay such a sum without having any communication with him in advance.

Yes, he was fast at responding before I paid for it. He spoke to me about all parameters to set, and I looked at his profile which shows the closed positions (and decent profit). Once I had set up the EA, I sent him a message to ask for him to let me know when the first trade had been taken so that I knew it was working, he responded a couple of times saying that once it hit certain price levels it would take orders, but then I haven't been able to get hold of him since, and he's posting that orders are being taken, he's also read the messages I've sent without responding. 

I can repeat the following:
If EA works in backtesting with "every tick based on real ticks" on the trading account so EA will work/trade on same trading account.

----------------

Of course, you can write to the service desk according to the Market Rules -

In case disputes arise that cannot be resolved directly between the Buyer and the Seller, either party may apply to the administration of the mql5.com through Service Desk in the User profile.

.. and the seller may write to the service desk too according to the same Market Rules, and he may provide the proof that his EA works on real accounts.

So, it is better to be in contact with the seller before and after buying the product.
Because it is not the best decision if you both (buyer and seller) will write to the service desk.

----------------

I know it is too late to say here but it is the suggestion which I am posting all the time since 2003 -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2020.01.16 06:35

There is one rule which some people follow:
subscribe to the signal or create an order in Freelance or purchase the product from the user/seller/coder/provider you know in person or you know by activity on the forum.

Because if you purchased something so I may ask:
"Do you know the seller in person, or are you familiar with him on this forum?"
If you say: "Not" so it will be very strange case for me ...

Just my optinion.

----------------

There are a lot of professional and honest users/coders on the forum, and some of them are very active on this forum helping to the other people and replying on the forum posts/requests.

Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
The Market section of mql5.com is a service for safe purchasing and selling of programs written in the MQL5/MQL4 language, hereinafter referred to as Products. The "Market" service is available for use only to mql5.com registered Users aged 18 and older, who accepted and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Market Terms of Use...
Reason: