VPS

Hello, I'm new to using VPS, I just run an EA to my MT4 and I activated VPS service with MQL5, i choose the 1770 minutes free.

My question is;

1. Did i not messed up my trading platform i just follow instruction by instruction.

2. Can i able to shutdown now my laptop and my trades will still running according to my EA?

3. Incase the free minutes end, how can I continue the service and not to interupt my running trades?

graphx88:

Hello, I'm new to using VPS, I just run an EA to my MT4 and I activated VPS service with MQL5, i choose the 1770 minutes free.

My question is;

1. Did i not messed up my trading platform i just follow instruction by instruction.

2. Can i able to shutdown now my laptop and my trades will still running according to my EA?

3. Incase the free minutes end, how can I continue the service and not to interupt my running trades?

1. We couldn't know.

2. If your synchronization was succesful and you've got a: 1 (or whatever) chart, 1 (or whatever) EA, 0 custom indicators, signal disabled, message in your MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journal, you are OK.

3. I am not sure you can extend your subscription by paying for a subscription now. You can stop the free minutes at some point (not too crucial for your open trades), subscribe to a paid plan and re-synchronize quickly with your new MQL5 VPS.

Eleni Anna Branou:

1. We couldn't know.

2. If your synchronization was succesful and you've got a: 1 (or whatever) chart, 1 (or whatever) EA, 0 custom indicators, signal disabled, message in your MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journal, you are OK.

3. I am not sure you can extend your subscription by paying for a subscription now. You can stop the free minutes at some point (not too crucial for your open trades), subscribe to a paid plan and re-synchronize quickly with your new MQL5 VPS.

Hi Eleni,

Yes in the Journal it says Virtual Hosting Started, Virtual Hosting Migration Processed.

Autotrading icon was disabled but EA still running well. Is it fine?

Renewal it says we can auto-renew as long as you have balance in MQL5.

So i can now shutdown my laptop? I can login to my MT4 on my phone and check it there only?

I also see in the Tool>Options some FTP and other stuffs to be filled out, is it mandatory to fill those or i will just leave it blank?

graphx88:

Hi Eleni,

Yes in the Journal it says Virtual Hosting Started, Virtual Hosting Migration Processed.

Autotrading icon was disabled but EA still running well. Is it fine?

Renewal it says we can auto-renew as long as you have balance in MQL5.

So i can now shutdown my laptop? I can login to my MT4 on my phone and check it there only?

I also see in the Tool>Options some FTP and other stuffs to be filled out, is it mandatory to fill those or i will just leave it blank?

When you use MQL5 VPS you do not need to keep your computer on.

You must synchronize properly your EAs and/or indicators in order to work on the virtual server.

Your MQL5 VPS's journal log will begin recording after your first synchronization.

In order to synchronize an Expert Advisor with your MQL5 VPS server, you need to attach your EA on a chart, click the Auto Trading button and then right click on your VPS server >> Synchronize experts, indicators.

After the synchronization you check the VPS (right click) >> Journals, that you are getting the following message: 1 chart, 1 EA, 0 (or whatever) custom indicators, signal disabled.

After the synchronization with your MQL5 VPS you DO NOT keep the Auto Trading button ON.

As for auto renewal I think the free minutes subscription doesn't offer that option.

FTP settings have nothing to do with MQL5 VPS.

Hi Eleni,

Then if its not possible to renew i will just change to new server before it gets expired? I'm just worried if by that time I will migrate to new server I have open trades.

graphx88:

Hi Eleni,

Then if its not possible to renew i will just change to new server before it gets expired? I'm just worried if by that time I will migrate to new server I have open trades.

That won't help, you need to stop the free minutes at some point and subscribe to a paid MQL5 VPS plan.

Eleni Anna Branou:

That won't help, you need to stop the free minutes at some point and subscribe to a paid MQL5 VPS plan.

Let’s say i watch when my vps will expired, and i put my laptop on and click auto trading, will that not interupt continues trading? 

graphx88:
Let’s say i watch when my vps will expired, and i put my laptop on and click auto trading, will that not interupt continues trading? 

Do as you are told, nothing will happen to your open trades if you take 2-3 minutes to change MQL5 VPS from free minutes to a paid plan.

After the new synchronization your EA will control again these open trades, as long as they are quite far from TP or SL levels.

In any case you shouldn't choose the free minutes if these trades were so important and you couldn't afford to keep them unattended for a few minutes.

graphx88:

My question is;

With your free minutes, you should be using a demo account until you understand VPS.....you can change your VPS to another (live) account anytime....

andrew:
With your free minutes, you should be using a demo account until you understand VPS.....you can change your VPS to another (live) account anytime....

You can't change from free minutes to a paid plan straight away, you need to cancel the free plan and subscribe from the beginning for a paid one.

Reason: