EA

Hello,

Am a newbie in trading, i've been using EA in MQL4 using a demo account. When i tested the EA is making a good profit. Now my question is when i sign to a live account, will the EA give the same result when the same settings i.e use date, Currency, Period, properties, Model and Speed are maintained in my line account.

it's possible, i would need to have the EA to test it

here are reasons it might fail though :

1) if trades are very short, it won't work live, because on demo you got no slippage, and in live you'll have delays between the order and the filling of the order which will eat profits

2) spread changes with volatility : if you have a fixed spread, it might not work the same live, because the broker can change the spread specifically so more people lose money

as a rule of thumb : just put your EA on cent accounts first and if it's robust enough then scale it. Conditions on cent accounts are bad so if it performs well on cent accounts it will likely work with regular accounts

also test the EA for quite some time (like 6-12 months) before betting more money

Jeff

Testing trading strategies on real ticks
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: "1 minute OHLC" using only Open, High, Low and Close prices of minute bars; detailed modeling in "Every tick" mode, as well as the most accurate "Every tick based on real ticks" mode applying actual historical data. Comparing the results allows us to assess...

Hi, remember that the backtest is a test in ideal conditions. Profitability in real trading strategies is influenced by many factors, as Jeff has already mentioned, these could be price slippages but also technical problems with VPS, transaction platform, EA operation, strategy overfitting. Regards Greg
Reason: