Historical Data

Hey all,

I'm new to MT5. The historical data goes back varying times for different symbols (1yr for some, 1.5 yrs or more for others). Not a huge issue with lower time frames, but I need more weekly and monthly data. I have tried to go into the "symbols" then "bars" to change this range to 5 years back.I click export.  At this point it says I am not an administrator and asks if I want to save the data to documents, which I say yes to. But the changes do not take effect.

So is the problem that I am not an administrator, even though when I go into Windows it says I am an administrator? Or am I missing a step? Or is it on my broker's end, and do I need to contact them?

Thanks for any and all help.

open a demo account with Metaquotes - their quotes go way back!

FYI the quotes are provided by 1 minute bars. All the bars of the other (higher) timeframes are calculated from that (except the tick prices).

Thanks Carl. But wouldn't I have to switch back to my brokerage account to place trades from the chart?

Carl Schreiber:

open a demo account with Metaquotes - their quotes go way back!

FYI the quotes are provided by 1 minute bars. All the bars of the other (higher) timeframes are calculated from that (except the tick prices).

Reason: