Download MetaTrader 5

How to get a list of parameters of a built-in indicator...

To add comments, please log in or register
Your conversation partner speaks foreign language? Automatic translation will help you!
cyberglassed
cyberglassed 2014.06.28 14:08 

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to get a list of parameters of a built-in indicator already attached on a chart.

In other words, imagine there is a built-in indicator already attached on a chart, then I want to create an script that

when I run it, it displays me the indicator name and a list of it's parameters with their respective values.

The script doesn't know in advance which indicator is attached.

In the other hand:

I would like just the opposite, I mean, create another script that given an indicator name,

and a list of parameters and their respective values (the info obtained before), add that indicator to the chart.

is it possible?

Thanks in advance, Cyberglassed.

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2014.06.28 14:43  
cyberglassed:

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to get a list of parameters of a built-in indicator already attached on a chart.

In other words, imagine there is a built-in indicator already attached on a chart, then I want to create an script that

when I run it, it displays me the indicator name and a list of it's parameters with their respective values.

The script doesn't know in advance which indicator is attached.

In the other hand:

I would like just the opposite, I mean, create another script that given an indicator name,

and a list of parameters and their respective values (the info obtained before), add that indicator to the chart.

is it possible?

Thanks in advance, Cyberglassed.

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/series/indicatorparameters
Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / IndicatorParameters
Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / IndicatorParameters
  • www.mql5.com
Timeseries and Indicators Access / IndicatorParameters - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
cyberglassed
cyberglassed 2014.06.28 19:59  
angevoyageur:
https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/series/indicatorparameters

Thank you very much angevoyageur! ;)

To add comments, please log in or register