Purchased product from MQl5 store Market Version issues

Hello guys,

I noticed that every-time a product we purchased is updated in the market store we do not keep the previous version of the product. I used to use particular products from some sellers that did the job and work without any issues, but after they altered the algorithm and added additional unnecessary functions the new EA Version that no longer behaves like the previous  Version, making it not viable to use due to the changes in the new version.

I am asking MQL5 since we purchased the product from the market are we not allowed to keep using a copy of the old version? Since initially when we purchased the product.

It would be nice to be able to select which version of the product we bought we wish to use.

Now is there a way in Mql5 to be able to downgrade to a previous version of the product purchased?

I guess you should contact the seller and tell him/her about the issue on his new version.

Don Calito:

Hello guys,

I noticed that every-time a product we purchased is updated in the market store we do not keep the previous version of the product. I used to use particular products from some sellers that did the job and work without any issues, but after they altered the algorithm and added additional unnecessary functions the new EA Version that no longer behaves like the previous  Version, making it not viable to use due to the changes in the new version.

I am asking MQL5 since we purchased the product from the market are we not allowed to keep using a copy of the old version? Since initially when we purchased the product.

It would be nice to be able to select which version of the product we bought we wish to use.

Now is there a way in Mql5 to be able to downgrade to a previous version of the product purchased?

There is no such way (to downgrade to a previous version).

The only way to avoid an update of a Market product, is not to perform it.

Emir Revolledo:
I guess you should contact the seller and tell him/her about the issue on his new version.

I did try but some developers are not willing to revert back to previous versions.

Eleni Anna Branou:

There is no such way (to downgrade to a previous version).

The only way to avoid an update of a Market product, is not to perform it.

Thanks for getting back to me. Why not give users who purchased the EA in the market the ability to select which version of they wish to use if they wish to use a previous version? The old version are stored on mql5 servers i assume so they are accessible

I understand the update can be avoided but some of us have mistakenly updated unknowingly without expecting the dev's would totally changing the core functionality of their EA's

Don Calito:

Thanks for getting back to me. Why not give users who purchased the EA in the market the ability to select which version of they wish to use if they wish to use a previous version? The old version are stored on mql5 servers i assume so they are accessible

I understand the update can be avoided but some of us have mistakenly updated unknowingly without expecting the dev's would totally changing the core functionality of their EA's

It would be interesting to be able to return to a previous version, but I don't know if its technically possible.

I will pass this to MQL5 technicians for consideration.

Eleni Anna Branou:

It would be interesting to be able to return to a previous version, but I don't know if its technically possible.

Cheers i do hope they take this into consideration , it will be useful.

Any update please?

This matter is extremely important to all buyers !!

Old versions are available on mql5 servers and can be made available to buyers who would like to come back to older product versions.

We deserve an update from mql5 please.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Any update to this request. I also would like previous version, it worked and now version 11 has a bug and matter gets worse because developer has removed the product, how can this be possible, we pay 100-200 usd for a product spend hours testing then one of two things can occur, developer makes update making all our testing invalid, or removes product making all support invalid.. is this stable for business, i think not.. please escalate this issue

Reason: