For the EA to turn off it self?

Hi there, I am new on MQL4 coding (and any coding) and I wrote this EA, it is not doing wrong, but, when it losses a trade, sometimes the parameters still fit and it would open another order right away and lose like 3 trades in a row. Is there a code that will make the EA to Stop Trading for X ammount of time if a SL is hit? Thanks in advance for your help!

Luis Garcia:

Hi there, I am new on MQL4 coding (and any coding) and I wrote this EA, it is not doing wrong, but, when it losses a trade, sometimes the parameters still fit and it would open another order right away and lose like 3 trades in a row. Is there a code that will make the EA to Stop Trading for X ammount of time if a SL is hit? Thanks in advance for your help!

You could save the OrderCloseTime() of the SL trade in a datetime variable and add x minutes to the variable. (Look into OrderSelect for this)

Then, only trade if TimeCurrent() > DoTradeTime. That might work...;)

DoTradeTime=OrderCloseTime()+3600;  // one hour
//
// ok to trade?
If(TimeCurrent()>DoTradeTime) return true;
 else return false;

Alternatively, your code can search OrderHistory, and determine the time of the last order, and do something similar. I try to avoid saving values to variables, to use, say an hour later, so I would probably use OrderHistory method.

andrew:

You could save the OrderCloseTime() of the SL trade in a datetime variable and add x minutes to the variable. (Look into OrderSelect for this)

Then, only trade if TimeCurrent() > DoTradeTime. That might work...;)

Alternatively, your code can search OrderHistory, and determine the time of the last order, and do something similar. I try to avoid saving values to variables, to use, say an hour later, so I would probably use OrderHistory method.

I was thinking of maybe a way of making it so if a trade losses more than 1% of the account balance, stop trading for 6 hours, something like that, but i am not sure as of how to put that in code 🤔

Luis Garcia:
I was thinking of maybe a way of making it so if a trade losses more than 1% of the account balance, stop trading for 6 hours, something like that, but i am not sure as of how to put that in code 🤔

It's about thinking what you want to achieve and how you might go about doing it, I guess. What information do you need, and how do you get it?

If you type Order into MQL4 reference, you'll see more than a dozen built in functions to deal with Order values....

Reason: