I want to try to make my first indicator...

The title says it all

Problem is I dont have any kind of experience or knowledge what so ever. I am currently running on Mac so that brings more trouble along the way. I have tried to mess with it for a while and now I decided to create this post in hope of finding someone out there willing to help me

The idea is pretty simple:

I want to add a second value to the ATR indicator. I need a setting to run the average value of a predetermined variable amount of bars/range. So the indicator has to show for example the average price of the ATR over a default setting of 30. I still want to be able to change the parameters, so I need to be able to chose whatever amount of candle I desire.

Can someone here share with me a way to make this possible??

sebi11:

The title says it all

Problem is I dont have any kind of experience or knowledge what so ever. I am currently running on Mac so that brings more trouble along the way. I have tried to mess with it for a while and now I decided to create this post in hope of finding someone out there willing to help me

The idea is pretty simple:

I want to add a second value to the ATR indicator. I need a setting to run the average value of a predetermined variable amount of bars/range. So the indicator has to show for example the average price of the ATR over a default setting of 30. I still want to be able to change the parameters, so I need to be able to chose whatever amount of candle I desire.

Can someone here share with me a way to make this possible??

Hello,

You don't need a new indicator, just apply the Moving Average indicator on the ATR window.

Reason: