How the number of activation of EA been counted? - page 2

miracle222:

oh okay, thanks for the explain.

does it work the same way for the rented EA? the numbers of activation will be counted and deducted same like EA purchase's number of activation? 

MT4 considers major OS upgrade as a new install activation.

I moved mt4 to another directory with helious ea and then put \portable mode but now it will not load. i wanted to backtest with tickstory

Eleni Anna Branou #:

The activations must have been 5 when you purchased them or you have used the extra 3 activations already.

https://www.mql5.com/en/users/hanxyork/market

does it have to be a maximum of 5 activations? is there more to it than that?

I see that on the left side of the product on the market it says 10 activations, does that mean you can activate 10?

Susanto Adhi Pranoto #:

does it have to be a maximum of 5 activations? is there more to it than that?

I see that on the left side of the product on the market it says 10 activations, does that mean you can activate 10?

The minimum number is 5, a seller can offer as many activations as he/she wants.

10 activations mean that you can activate it 10 times in different computers or on the same computer after major windows upgrades.

• I loaded two symbols on my MT5 and attached the rented EA to both, but only one is working and activated . THe other is loaded but still greyed out not active. WHy is that??

partnerwithrob #:
  • I loaded two symbols on my MT5 and attached the rented EA to both, but only one is working and activated . THe other is loaded but still greyed out not active. WHy is that??

Have you ticked the Allow Algo Trading option in the Common tab in that non working EA too?

hi everyone ,
on every tool update MQL5 deducting my 1 license which already activated before in my same pc 
i didn't change any hardware ,recent i clean cache of my system and freeup space because disk size about to full
then when i restart my system my all Mt4 terminals found logout 
i relogin each mt4 terimal once again in same pc 
i updating my tools , which i was purchased in same bs , on every update mql5 market deducting my 1 license on every tool update ,which already actived in same pc

please help me out

Kapil Sehrawat #:
hi everyone ,
on every tool update MQL5 deducting my 1 license which already activated before in my same pc 
i didn't change any hardware ,recent i clean cache of my system and freeup space because disk size about to full
then when i restart my system my all Mt4 terminals found logout 
i relogin each mt4 terimal once again in same pc 
i updating my tools , which i was purchased in same bs , on every update mql5 market deducting my 1 license on every tool update ,which already actived in same pc

please help me out

It is not on every Market tool update ("tool update" process can not deduct activations).

It is on every your hardware update (any, even minor ones), and for some Windows update, and besides - it is related to different authorization method for your Windows, for example:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Product activation fails

Rashid Umarov , 2021.06.03 09:42

In the Windows operating system, different system configurations are provided for different authorization methods:

1. Authorization by a regular user

2. Authorization by administrator

3. Authorization via remote access (even if one of the two accounts listed above is selected)

Therefore, for each of these cases, separate product activation is required, even if the version of Windows has not changed and there has been no hardware update. Check how you log in.

So, you changed something on your hardware, or your Windows had critical update, or you authorized on your Windows on different way (as admin for example), and yes - the activation may be lost because of that.
Reason: