Difference between Experts and Utilities in the Market ?

Hi,

What is the difference between Experts and Utilities in the Market please ?

Laurent Soudron:

Hi,

What is the difference between Experts and Utilities in the Market please ?

Utilities do not contain any trading strategy. They are just tools.

Expert Advisors do have to trade actively to be classified as such.

Daniel Stein :

Utilities do not contain any trading strategy. They are just tools.

Expert Advisors do have to trade actively to be classified as such.

OK thank you for your answer which corresponds to my understanding of it.
But many of the products in Utilities are actually Experts !!

In metatrader there are only 3 categories: EA, Indicators, Script.

Utilities are a sub-category of EA: they are EA that do not contain any trading strategy and helps traders in doing its operations. (As Daniel well said).

Laurent Soudron:

OK thank you for your answer which corresponds to my understanding of it.
But many of the products in Utilities are actually Experts !!

They have to be experts if they are designed to manage trades or download data from the internet, for example.

Indicators are, by definition, not allowed to execute any trading operations. So every trade assisting tool for manual traders has to be an Expert.

OK thank you both for your answers

I want to add a question to the subject.
I wanted to try a utility but I can't do it in a demo account. The person who developed it explains the following: This is an utility indicator and it doesn’t work on demo version. Because demo version just works on strategy tester.
This is so? Can you help me understand?

Daniel Eduardo San Martin #:
I want to add a question to the subject.
I wanted to try a utility but I can't do it in a demo account. The person who developed it explains the following: This is an utility indicator and it doesn’t work on demo version. Because demo version just works on strategy tester.
This is so? Can you help me understand?

It's possible yes , but then your question should be did he go the extra mile to give you a demo outside of the tester ?

@Daniel Eduardo San Martin #I want to add a question to the subject. I wanted to try a utility but I can't do it in a demo account. The person who developed it explains the following: This is an utility indicator and it doesn’t work on demo version. Because demo version just works on strategy tester. This is so? Can you help me understand?
If properly coded, utilities can also work in the Strategy Tester. However, that requires extra coding skill, which the author either does not have or did not bother to implement.

Thanks, @Fernando Carreiro and @Lorentzos Roussos. I have not tried the utility in my real account because, like an EA, it has the ability to do market operations; But if there was a bad intention, it is possible to program a utility that works in a different way in demo than in real ... Sometimes I don't know where the boundary is between prudence and productivity 😂

@Daniel Eduardo San Martin #: Sometimes I don't know where the boundary is between prudence and productivity 😂

Is that not the same for everything in life?

For example, when one buys a washing machine and it breaks down exactly one day after its warranty period? 😅

One almost wonders if it was designed and constructed to purposely breakdown after a set period, and in fact many companies do exactly that.

Reason: