Currency pair grayed out and disabled?

EURUSD pair is grayed out and trade is disabled in the Market watch (MT4).  How do I enable trading on the pair?

Deon Kriel:
EURUSD pair is grayed out and trade is disabled in the Market watch (MT4).  How do I enable trading on the pair?

If trading in general is disabled in your account, contact your broker.

If its only EURUSD that is disabled, go to MT4 >> View >> Symbols and enable (double click to make yellow from grey) the specific symbol.

Usually it depends of account type and symbol.

Grayed means that trading is disabled but quotes can be viewed.

There can be a lot of reason for that, for example, some brokers do not allow trading from account when you earn IB commissions, in that accounts you will see symbols gray.

Deon Kriel:

Sometimes brokers have more than 1 symbol for the same currency pair. Check and see if there is another one that is not greyed out.

Keith Watford:

Sometimes brokers have more than 1 symbol for the same currency pair. Check and see if there is another one that is not greyed out.

Thanks Keith, this was my issue.  All sorted.

Hello, Do you guys know how to sort this out? I want to trade Eur/usd pair but dose not work 
Files:
image.jpg  6185 kb

Valentinmburz1992 #:
Hello, Do you guys know how to sort this out? I want to trade Eur/usd pair but dose not work 

Next to each symbol writes 'not tradeable' so ask your broker.

In your symbols there is nowhere a forex category and that is unusual.

Downloading the custom branded MT5 terminal from your broker's website may help.

Reason: