Strategy tester chart speed setting

When using strategy tester to test an indicator/EA, the chart speed setting is too sensitive on the right hand side and very slow on the left hand side. The makes it difficult to set the correct chart speed to observe repainting indicators properly. I hereby request Metaquotes to update that to allow proper visual mode testing via a more user friendly speed setting. Thanks.
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The idea of ​​automated trading is appealing by the fact that the trading robot can work non-stop for 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The robot does not get tired, doubtful or scared, it's is totally free from any psychological problems. It is sufficient enough to clearly formalize the trading rules and implement them in the algorithms, and...

Fabio Cavalloni:

Hover with the mouse on the speed bar and move with left and right arrow on your keyboard to proceed step by step. if you press SPACE you will pause the visualization.

In this way is so easy to correctly observe graphs.

I don't know where you got this idea from but it doesn't work. 

I used it every day in the last 3 years. What is not working?

I forgot to write that you don't only need to hover with mouse but also to click on the speed slider with the left button of the mouse.

Fabio Cavalloni:

I used it every day in the last 3 years. What is not working?

I forgot to write that you don't only need to hover with mouse but also to click on the speed slider with the left button of the mouse.

I see what you mean now concerning the left and right arrows. As for the space bar, no, that doesn't work as you described. 

But I think you are misunderstanding the request of the OP. The issue is there is no 'reasonable' balance for controlling the speed of the strategy tester. It's either too fast or too slow. I agree with the OP that this should be updated, because it is not user friendly. It would make more sense to have options, such as slow, medium, and fast—with the ability to input a value to adjust speed according to user's preference for each option. I would post a link to an EA that has something similar to what I am describing but it seems the moderators don't like to see such links in comments (I did this before to help someone and the comment was removed). 

cvdestyfx:

I see what you mean now concerning the left and right arrows. As for the space bar, no, that doesn't work as you described. 

But I think you are misunderstanding the request of the OP. The issue is there is no 'reasonable' balance for controlling the speed of the strategy tester. It's either too fast or too slow. I agree with the OP that this should be updated, because it is not user friendly. It would make more sense to have options, such as slow, medium, and fast—with the ability to input a value to adjust speed according to user's preference for each option. I would post a link to an EA that has something similar to what I am describing but it seems the moderators don't like to see such links in comments (I did this before to help someone and the comment was removed). 

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. The slide bar does not seem to be balanced. At level 31 (click on slider to view that number) one can observe each bar but it is sometimes too slow for long periods of observation. At level 32 (max) it just zooms by too quickly. Anything below 31 it crawls at a snail's pace.

Try also different testing mode....you can try to test in "open prices only" mode, in which a level about 28-29 can be enough for a good observation and not too quickly

Fabio Cavalloni:
Try also different testing mode....you can try to test in "open prices only" mode, in which a level about 28-29 can be enough for a good observation and not too quickly

Open price mode is not good for repainting indicators

Rajiv Ishwar:

Open price mode is not good for repainting indicators

Why? With indicators you should only be concerned about re-painting after the bar has closed.

I often use Open price mode to check for repainting.

Keith Watford:

Why? With indicators you should only be concerned about re-painting after the bar has closed.

An indicator can give a signal when the bar opens and then that can change direction during the period of that bar if the price reverses. Once bar has closed that indicator/signal does/should not change.

Rajiv Ishwar:

An indicator can give a signal when the bar opens and then that can change direction during the period of that bar if the price reverses. Once bar has closed that indicator/signal does/should not change.

Keith Watford:

Reason: