I want to access my account data without launching MT4 or MT5

Hi,

I want to access my account data like the pending orders, the open trades... but without launching MT4 or MT5, because I not always behind my desk.

Can I log in directly to the broker server with the investor password and get my informations?

yes using MT4 or MT5 for web

There are mobile applications for that and alternatively you could use the web-terminal on a mobile device also.

Cant' I access those data programmatically?

Yes not the broker but the terminal please see: https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/integration/python_metatrader5/mt5initialize_py
Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / MT5Initialize
Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / MT5Initialize
  • www.mql5.com
[in]  Path to the metatrader.exe or metatrader64.exe file. If the path is not specified, the module attempts to find the executable file on its own.

Thank you, I'll look into that

Marco vd Heijden:
Yes not the broker but the terminal please see:  https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/integration/python_metatrader5/mt5initialize_py
The OP request
mt4api:

Hi,

I want to access my account data like the pending orders, the open trades... but without launching MT4 or MT5, because I not always behind my desk.

Can I log in directly to the broker server with the investor password and get my informations?

I don't think he can do that programmatically without MT4 or MT5.

Python interface allow to access broker's data (quotes and ticks), but not account data (trades and orders).

Alain Verleyen:
The OP request

I don't think he can do that programmatically without MT4 or MT5.

Python interface allow to access broker's data (quotes and ticks), but not account data (trades and orders).

Marco vd Heijden:
Yes not the broker but the terminal please see:  https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/integration/python_metatrader5/mt5initialize_py

I told him not from broker.

With a bit of coding he can access it through the terminal.

mt4api:

Hi,

You can always connect your MT4/5 account with MQL5.com as a private signal and access/monitor your pending orders and/or trades.

You will not be able to interact with them of course, but if your goal is only to keep an eye, you can do it like that.

MQL5.com offers almost real time monitoring of account activity, with a small delay of some seconds to 1-2 minutes.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You can always connect your MT4/5 account with MQL5.com as a private signal and access/monitor your pending orders and/or trades.

You will not be able to interact with them of course, but if your goal is only to keep an eye, you can do it like that.

MQL5.com offers almost real time monitoring of account activity, with a small delay of some seconds to 1-2 minutes.

I investigated a bit more and found out that websites like <name removed> have access to those data when we give them our investor password. I did not test their platform but from their documentation it seems working.

Do they do as you say? Or do they have a special access? Or maybe an undocumented API?

mt4api:

I investigated a bit more and found out that websites like <name removed> have access to those data when we give them our investor password. I did not test their platform but from their documentation it seems working.

Do they do as you say? Or do they have a special access? Or maybe an undocumented API?

MQL5.com's signal/account monitoring is much faster than those of competitors. The website you've mentioned refreshes account data much slower than MQL5.com does.

I suggest you to connect your account to MQL5.com as a private signal and you will have almost real time monitoring.

Yes, you need to use the investor password for such purposes.

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/new

Reason: