Floating drawdown

I have a question in regards to drawdown , when i check my account history i cannot see the value that shows me the maximum floating drawdown before the position were closed.

For example my account equity is 2100$ my floating opened position -300$, what i wanted is a way to know for a certain period for a particular week or month , i wanted to know the maximum floating position drawdown for opened positions ?

Is it possible to obtain this information through account history?

Don Calito:

I have a question in regards to drawdown , when i check my account history i cannot see the value that shows me the maximum floating drawdown before the position were closed.

For example my account equity is 2100$ my floating opened position -300$, what i wanted is a way to know for a certain period for a particular week or month , i wanted to know the maximum floating position drawdown for opened positions ?

If you have connected your account to a monitoring system like MQL5.com from the very beginning, you will be able to see a chart of your floating drawdown.

You can accomplish that by publishing your trading account as a private signal here: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/new

Eleni Anna Branou:

If you have connected your account to a monitoring system like MQL5.com from the very beginning, you will be able to see a chart of your floating drawdown.

You can accomplish that by publishing your trading account as a private signal here: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/new

@Eleni Anna Branou Thank you for this suggestion, is there any particular reasons this information is not available in the account history? It's clear floating drawdown % should be a critical information to have when checking account history.

Don Calito:

@Eleni Anna Branou Thank you for this suggestion, is there any particular reasons this information is not available in the account history? It's clear floating drawdown % should be a critical information to have when checking account history.

This information cannot be recorded unless your trading account is connected to a continuous monitoring system.

Trading history only records open and close prices of trades, along with any TP or SL applied to them.

Don Calito:

Also you could see how many pips the price moved from your open position and with pips difference calculate your max drawndown during the open trade. But you will have to do manually.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Thanks really, i thought only another EA attach to another chart (argoguardian) could give and notif when a % of DD is reach. Il will try private signal.

@Eleni Anna Branou:
Eleni Anna Branou #:

This information cannot be recorded unless your trading account is connected to a continuous monitoring system.

Trading history only records open and close prices of trades, along with any TP or SL applied to them.

Is it possible to query and retrieve this floating equity data from MQL5.com (continous monitoring system) for the purpose of analyzing the data in python or a plotly - dashboard?

Dilip Rajkumar #:
@Eleni Anna Branou:  Is it possible to query and retrieve this floating equity data from MQL5.com (continous monitoring system) for the purpose of analyzing the data in python or a plotly - dashboard?

I don't think so.

Reason: