Notifications

Hi all,

I’m new to all of this but need to check something please. If I have a custom indicator on the MT4 and it gives me an alert on the laptop when a potential set up has occurred could I use the push notifications so that the alert that pops up on the laptop also gets sent to me on my iPhone using the mt4 app?

shaf01:
Hi all,

I’m new to all of this but need to check something please. If I have a custom indicator on the MT4 and it gives me an alert on the laptop when a potential set up has occurred could I use the push notifications so that the alert that pops up on the laptop also gets sent to me on my iPhone using the mt4 app?

The indicator itself needs to have that push notification function for that to work. If you have the source code (.mq4) i can fix it for you....

Kenneth Parling:

The indicator itself needs to have that push notification function for that to work. If you have the source code (.mq4) i can fix it for you....

The indicator is something someone else has created and I would be potentially buying it. Where would I get the source code from?

shaf01:
The indicator is something someone else has created and I would be potentially buying it. Where would I get the source code from?

well i'm no mind reader and how could i possible know where you got it or will get it from? That was never mentioned in you post so....just tried to be nice and help you out here

Kenneth Parling:

well i'm no mind reader and how could i possible know where you got it or will get it from? That was never mentioned in you post so....just tried to be nice and help you out here

I appreciate your help and that’s what I’m looking for? I take it that if I’m buying from someone then I won’t have the source code then? 

shaf01:
I appreciate your help and that’s what I’m looking for? I take it that if I’m buying from someone then I won’t have the source code then? 

No you wont get the source if that's the case, but ask the developer if he/she can add this function you need to it ;)

Kenneth Parling:

No you wont get the source if that's the case, but ask the developer if he/she can add this function you need to it ;)

That ain’t gonna happen so I will have to forget about it, thanks for replying and trying to help me out 

I do have another question? With the mobile mt4 app is there no way to load custom indicators?

shaf01:
That ain’t gonna happen so I will have to forget about it, thanks for replying and trying to help me out 

sure no problem, you are welcome

shaf01:
I do have another question? With the mobile mt4 app is there no way to load custom indicators?

i don't think you can do that, only those available can be used. Not sure, never tried but i don't think it work...

Kenneth Parling:

i don't think you can do that, only those available can be used. Not sure, never tried but i don't think it work...

Ok thanks
Reason: