Price Anomalies MT4

Hi,

Can anyone advise me why two different Forex brokers using the MT4 Platform are showing very different volatile movements on a pair at the same time? Is this normal? Refer attached .pdf.

cheers

Todd

Files:
Question.jpg  125 kb

Why are there differences in the MT4 platform and the brokers other platforms for the OHLC and most indicators?
Why are there differences in the MT4 platform and the brokers other platforms for the OHLC and most indicators?
  • www.mql5.com
If all things are equal, if a broker has a web-base platform and a desktop-base platform and both of those platforms provide the exact data in ever...

hendo73:

Hi,

Can anyone advise me why two different Forex brokers using the MT4 Platform are showing very different volatile movements on a pair at the same time? Is this normal? Refer attached .pdf.

cheers

Todd

Yes, different brokers can have different price feeds especially for minor instruments (like GBPCAD), due to their liquidity providers.

This phenomenon is greater during news releases and times of high volatility.

The spike in your second chart though can be caused by another reason, I would suggest to contact the particular broker about it.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Yes, different brokers can have different price feeds especially for minor instruments (like GBPCAD), due to their liquidity providers.

This phenomenon is greater during news releases and times of high volatility.

The spike in your second chart though can be caused by another reason, I would suggest to contact the particular broker about it.

Hi, can you advise what would be a cause for the spike in the second chart. The Broker is not willing to provide the information and there is a question mark over their credibility.

hendo73:
Hi, can you advise what would be a cause for the spike in the second chart. The Broker is not willing to provide the information and there is a question mark over their credibility.

'When there is a doubt, there is no doubt'.

I would move on.

Hi Sergey,

Does the spike in the second chart look normal to you? The broker in question is not reputable and there are reports that they have done this type of thing before to wipe out traders without a stop loss in place and claim the margin. Could this be broker manipulation?

cheers

Todd

hendo73:

Hi Sergey,

Does the spike in the second chart look normal to you? The broker in question is not reputable and there are reports that they have done this type of thing before to wipe out traders without a stop loss in place and claim the margin. Could this be broker manipulation?

cheers

Todd

Discussion about the brokers is prohibited on the forum.
But as I know - many traders are selecting the broker based on the quality of the data/quotes.
Reason: