How can I convert my mt4 indi to mt5 format WITH MQ4 EXTENSION?

Hi all,

I still use mt4, and it does not fully support mq4 any more, though old ex4 file still works fine.

Is there any tool to do the conversion for me?

But I need the output WITH MQ4 EXTENSION.

joshatt:

Hi all,

I still use mt4, and it does not fully support mq4 any more, though old ex4 file still works fine.

I assume that you mean it will no longer compile?

You could post the code here and see if anyone can see what is causing problems.

Keith Watford:

I assume that you mean it will no longer compile?

You could post the code here and see if anyone can see what is causing problems.

Thanks for your help. For example, any tiny change to this following indicator (compiling will be good, with no error) will cause all lines gone.

Files:
myMACD.mq4  4 kb

joshatt:

Thanks for your help. For example, any tiny change to this following indicator (compiling will be good, with no error) will cause all lines gone.

For some reason your code went into my Experts folder. I moved it to the Indicators folder and it compiles OK.

joshatt:

Hi all,

you can use simply free online MQL converter.
No need to download any MQL converter just upload that file which you want to convert. 

Thanks for help, guys. I googled and can not find that "simply free online MQL converter", maybe it's too old?

The problem is, I'm not migrating to MT5, I'll still use MT4 and indicators go to MQL4 folder. Is this(.e.g. syntax) a status in between MQL4 and MQL5?

joshatt:

Thanks for help, guys. I googled and can not find that "simply free online MQL converter", maybe it's too old?

The problem is, I'm not migrating to MT5, I'll still use MT4 and indicators go to MQL4 folder. Is this(.e.g. syntax) a status in between MQL4 and MQL5?

I don't see that you need to convert anything.

Your code compiles with no errors.

joshatt:

Is this(.e.g. syntax) a status in between MQL4 and MQL5?

What does that mean?

Keith Watford:

Is this(.e.g. syntax) a status in between MQL4 and MQL5?

What does that mean?

I mean, all indicators are in MQL4 folder now, it must have been different from REAL mt5?

Keith Watford:

I don't see that you need to convert anything.

Your code compiles with no errors.

I did not see compiling error, either. Just all lines disappear after compiling.

You post has nothing to do with MT5.
joshatt: I did not see compiling error, either. Just all lines disappear after compiling.
In build 1090 (May 2017) buffers no longer defaults to DRAW_LINE. You must explicitly set them:
#property   indicator_typeX   DRAW_LINE                  // Bug 1090 must set.
⋮
SetIndexStyle(X-1, DRAW_LINE);                           // Or in OnInit().

William Roeder:

You post has nothing to do with MT5. 

Thank you, sir. Yeah, I don't know what I'm talking about, too. It's confusing for me.

I'm reading article about bug 1090 and doing more tests. It seems that all 4 lines disappear after code change and compile, but then, if I re-run MT4, the first line appears, and then, if I open the data window, only first line has data ---- this is not the case as I read in an article, they say all lines should have data, with bug 1090.

William Roeder:
In build 1090 (May 2017) buffers no longer defaults to DRAW_LINE. You must explicitly set them:

Just tried these two lines. Nothing changes. 

Reason: