Trading signals account size difference

Hello, i had a quick question about following signals prom a provider whos account is smaller than your live account. i noticed the orders amounts are too small for a larger account so how do i change this setting to scale for account size percentage?

Mohamed Premji:

Hello, i had a quick question about following signals prom a provider whos account is smaller than your live account. i noticed the orders amounts are too small for a larger account so how do i change this setting to scale for account size percentage?

The lot size of your orders is calculated automatically, when you follow a signal.

MQL5 calculates the copying ratio according to your and signal provider's balances, currencies and leverages.

You can decrease the copying ratio by lowering the participation in signal copying in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Signals (from the 95% max), but you can't increase it.

Eleni Anna Branou:

The lot size of your orders is calculated automatically, when you follow a signal.

MQL5 calculates the copying ratio according to your and signal provider's balances, currencies and leverages.

You can decrease the copying ratio by lowering the participation in signal copying in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Signals (from the 95% max), but you can't increase it.

thanks for the response, does this feature work the same for demo and live, my demo account is 100K and the signals providers account is less than 10K but the order amounts are identical. I set it to 95% max.

Files:
signaltypes.png  17 kb

Mohamed Premji:

thanks for the response, does this feature work the same for demo and live, my demo account is 100K and the signals providers account is less than 10K but the order amounts are identical. I set it to 95% max.

Do you have the same currency and leverage?

Eleni Anna Branou:

Do you have the same currency and leverage?

Both are USD accounts however his leverage is 500:1 and my account is 200:1, my balance is 100k and his account is much less, the orders amounts are exactly identical.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signal not copying full lots

Sergey Golubev, 2018.10.19 16:40

You can calculate your lot size using the following example (from General information on Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 article):

Let's consider a specific example of using the volumes management system:

1. Provider: balance 15 000 USD, leverage 1:100
  2. Subscriber1: balance 40 000 EUR, leverage 1:200, deposit load percentage 50%
  3. Subscriber2: balance 5 000 EUR, leverage 1:50, deposit load percentage 35%
  4. EURUSD exchange rate = 1.2700

Calculation of Provider's and Subscriber's position volumes ratio:

1. Balances ratio considering specified part of the deposit in percentage terms:
    Subscriber1: (40 000 * 0,5) / 15 000 = 1,3333 (133.33%)
    Subscriber2: (5 000 * 0,35) / 15 000 = 0,1166 (11.66%)
  2. After considering the leverages:
    Subscriber1: the leverage of Subscriber1 (1:200) is greater than Provider's one (1:100), thus correction on leverages is not performed
    Subscriber2: 0,1166 * (50 / 100) = 0,0583 (5.83%)
  3. After considering currency rates of the deposits at the moment of calculation:
    Subscriber1: 1,3333 * 1,2700 = 1,6933 (169.33%)
    Subscriber2: 0,0583 * 1,2700 = 0,0741 (7.41%)
  4. Total percentage value after the rounding (performed using a multistep algorithm):
    Subscriber1: 160% or 1.6 ratio
    Subscriber2: 7% or 0.07 ratio

Thus under the given conditions, Provider's deal with volume of 1 lot will be copied: 

- to Subscriber1 account in amount of 160% -  volume of 1.6 lots

- to Subscriber2 account in amount of 7% -  volume of 0.07 lots

Sergey Golubev:

its weird that the amounts are exactly identical? his orders and the orders in my account match

Mohamed Premji:

its weird that the amounts are exactly identical? his orders and the orders in my account match

The lot size is calculated by the robot based on the formula/calculation which I provided above.
You can calculate it by yourself for example.

Sergey Golubev:
The lot size is calculated by the robot based on the formula/calculation which I provided above.
You can calculate it by yourself for example.

understood, thanks for your help

Mohamed Premji:

Both are USD accounts however his leverage is 500:1 and my account is 200:1, my balance is 100k and his account is much less, the orders amounts are exactly identical.

Your problem is the lower leverage.

Reason: