Copy trading and security

I wonder if this option of MT4 for a COPY TRADING SIGNAL work very well 

"Stop if equity is less than [B] – this parameter allows you to limit losses when using trading signals. If equity drops below a specified level, copying of trade signals will be automatically terminated, all positions will be closed and all  pending orders will be removed. 0 means no limitations."

This option really close all positions and cut copy of the signal when limit of Equity is reached ?

Someone did the expérience ? Somebody tell me: option cut signal but not necessiraly opened and pending positions... so i have the doubt...

Thanks 

Ladelan

Try demo to demo and go through it yourself

tradere:
Try demo to demo and go through it yourself
Thanks but I search someone who use this option on a real account like me.

ladelan:
Thanks but I search someone who use this option on a real account like me.
do not spam this forum with same question/threads please (I've already deleted two other threads).

Sergey Golubev:
do not spam this forum with same question/threads please (I've already deleted two other threads).

Ok no problem ;) i just didn't know where can i ask my question .

So if someone test option Stop if equity is less than with success for a copy trading i'will appreciate your testimony :)

ladelan:

I wonder if this option of MT4 for a COPY TRADING SIGNAL work very well 

"Stop if equity is less than [B] – this parameter allows you to limit losses when using trading signals. If equity drops below a specified level, copying of trade signals will be automatically terminated, all positions will be closed and all  pending orders will be removed. 0 means no limitations."

This option really close all positions and cut copy of the signal when limit of Equity is reached ?

Someone did the expérience ? Somebody tell me: option cut signal but not necessiraly opened and pending positions... so i have the doubt...

Thanks 

Ladelan

This could be a good option if they'd implemented it more intelligently. Unfortunately it uses a $ limit and not a % limit, so you'd have to constantly update it manually if you want to have it always relative to your current balance. It would also be preferable to have an option whether trades are closed or left open, unfortunately again, MetaQuotes don't seem interested in improving their trade management for Signals.. So you'll do better to look for an EA to manage your trades and use the inbuilt function as an absolute minimum, though it would have to be an EA that also has the ability to suspend the MQL5 signal copying, otherwise it will just re-synchronize and do what it would have anyway..

If this functionality is important for you, you could consider using Signal Start instead as many of the signals here are also listed there, and their service provides better options for various trade management conditions.

One major issue with MQL5 I recently found is that your trades will be closed if the signal Provider's account gets stopped-out by their broker, no matter whether your account is in large drawdown or not.
So you might think you can copy a Signal at a small percentage like 10-25% to be "safe" and protect your account from losses, though you're actually not, if the signal account blows up you will also incur losses automatically.
I asked about this on the Signal's FAQ thread, and it was refused to even document this mandatory behaviour, let alone improve the service to provide Subscribers with some trade management options. I was told it's "impossible", which it obviously isn't..

Stay safe...  😉

drayzen:
This could be a good option if they'd implemented it more intelligently. Unfortunately it uses a $ limit and not a % limit, so you'd have to constantly update it manually if you want to have it always relative to your current balance. It would also be preferable to have an option whether trades are closed or left open, unfortunately again, MetaQuotes don't seem interested in improving their trade management for Signals.. So you'll do better to look for an EA to manage your trades and use the inbuilt function as an absolute minimum, though it would have to be an EA that also has the ability to suspend the MQL5 signal copying, otherwise it will just re-synchronize and do what it would have anyway..

If this functionality is important for you, you could consider using Signal Start instead as many of the signals here are also listed there, and their service provides better options for various trade management conditions.

One major issue with MQL5 I recently found is that your trades will be closed if the signal Provider's account gets stopped-out by their broker, no matter whether your account is in large drawdown or not.
So you might think you can copy a Signal at a small percentage like 10-25% to be "safe" and protect your account from losses, though you're actually not, if the signal account blows up you will also incur losses automatically.
I asked about this on the Signal's FAQ thread, and it was refused to even document this mandatory behaviour, let alone improve the service to provide Subscribers with some trade management options. I was told it's "impossible", which it obviously isn't..

Stay safe...  😉

Thanks for your help :), for me the more important it's to be sure that all open and pending positions are closed when equity reach below my limit by this option. 

So you confirm this option work very well ?

Reason: