What do you look for in an EA?

When looking for an EA or testing an EA etc: Do you mainly look for high profits (and probably high possible drawdown) or do you prefer to use an EA with low profits but very stable and low drawdown? 

Do you prefer an EA that trades very often or do you prefer just a few trades per month? 

What else do you prefer out of an EA eg. martingale, indicators etc? 

It will be interesting to read your thoughts.

Well, lets start with mine.

1. Of course I prefer a "high profits EA with low drawdown" (inspired by "Limitless" movie). "Stable but low profits" already been reserved by my 9-5 job. XD
  2. Scalping please. I love the sound of money being scalp from the market and my EA will play a sound "cash-in"/"kashing" when the trade was closed with profit. Imagine listening to that sound every few hours.  :)
  3. I'm a developer and have developed more than a thousand different type of EA and guess what, none of those EA who are using "stoploss" promise me a good news. So, I stick with martingale because stoploss is like a scam for me. Oh wait, martingale will blow my account sooner or later because it's a time bomb, right?. Well, my friends you have no idea.  :)
Obviously, this is my personal opinion. It might be different from yours depending on our experience and knowledge. But it is what you've asked isn't it.

People want stable EAs that opens trades every day, make big profits, and has low drawdowns... and of course that don't use martingale and grid.

People want to be rich without risking and without spending time on research. This is why 99% of traders loose money.

Personally I consider the quality of EAs, based on Profit factor and Profit/DD ratio, in a long-term view. 

Ahmad Zuhairdi Noh:

Well, lets start with mine.

1. Of course I prefer a "high profits EA with low drawdown" (inspired by "Limitless" movie). "Stable but low profits" already been reserved by my 9-5 job. XD
  2. Scalping please. I love the sound of money being scalp from the market and my EA will play a sound "cash-in"/"kashing" when the trade was closed with profit. Imagine listening to that sound every few hours.  :)
  3. I'm a developer and have developed more than a thousand different type of EA and guess what, none of those EA who are using "stoploss" promise me a good news. So, I stick with martingale because stoploss is like a scam for me. Oh wait, martingale will blow my account sooner or later because it's a time bomb, right?. Well, my friends you have no idea.  :)
Obviously, this is my personal opinion. It might be different from yours depending on our experience and knowledge. But it is what you've asked isn't it.
Thanks for your reply, I don't mind diverse opinions, that's why I ask more open ended questions. I know the culture on the internet is to attack diverse opinions, especially if they are wrong. However, I believe you, could you tell me how do you use martingale without SL? You scale up on profits? Any other insights you willing to share?

Fabio Cavalloni:

People want stable EAs that opens trades every day, make big profits, and has low drawdowns... and of course that don't use martingale and grid.

People want to be rich without risking and without spending time on research. This is why 99% of traders loose money.

Personally I consider the quality of EAs, based on Profit factor and Profit/DD ratio, in a long-term view. 

Sure definitely, I have even seen many people who request EAs to be created for $30 with unrealistic expectations. I agree that research is the way, and often overlooked, to learn from others. We all want to get to the right answers alone, but it is not necessarily the best way.
Reason: