mini PC for MT4

Hello,

I want to run 2 or 3 MT4´s with a minicomputer. Each MT4 should manage 10-15 charts. Each chart has an EA. 

The idea is, it should run day and night without a monitor. I want to manage it with remotedesktop connection.

Right, the same as a VPS server. Only at home. Do anyone have a suggestion which hardware is enough for these kind of tasks?

Thank you and best Regards

Hi, will be better laptop than mini pc becoause laptop have battery, so when energy shut down your MT4 will be online. MT4 platform don't need supercomputer so 2x2 Ghz processor and 8 gb RAM will be enough, more than 10 open chart with EA can have problem with execute new open position . Regards Greg

Frika: I want to run 2 or 3 MT4´s with a minicomputer. Each MT4 should manage 10-15 charts. Each chart has an EA.
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 Systems section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. A single terminal can run 99 charts. Why do you think you need "2 or 3," with all the added problems.
              Chart Opening - Working with Charts - MetaTrader 4 Help

Greg Pawlak:
Hi, will be better laptop than mini pc becoause laptop have battery, so when energy shut down your MT4 will be online. MT4 platform don't need supercomputer so 2x2 Ghz processor and 8 gb RAM will be enough, more than 10 open chart with EA can have problem with execute new open position . Regards Greg

Yes, it could be the better solution with an older laptop. First I thought at a mini pc because I want to have a as much unremarkable solution as possible. But the cheaper ones are to slow I guess. For the moment I switched back to a rented vps server. I found one which costs only 4.50 per month.

Why do you think that more than 10 open charts are problematic for trade execution?

Regards

William Roeder:
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 Systems section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. A single terminal can run 99 charts. Why do you think you need "2 or 3," with all the added problems.
              Chart Opening - Working with Charts - MetaTrader 4 Help

1. Sorry, did not noticed that landed in MT5 forums. Sometimes I have the dim feeling that I will directed faster to the MT5 section and the MT4 is a bit hidden. And beside of that, it´s a more general question. Could be important for MT5 users, too.

2. Because of different broker

Reason: