Mt4 desktop platform problem

I have been succsessfully using the mt4 platforms on my desktop and iphone for over 18 months. Last week a notice to update came on the desktop screen. I wasn't able to perform the update at that time and can't get the update option to show back up on the screen. My desktop mt4 platform stopped working right after that, but my iphone app platform does still work. I uninstalled the desktop platform, downloaded another from Oanda, installed the newer desktop platform,  but it's still not working.

Currency pair names have different suffix depending on the server which you are accessing.

Are the currency pair names displayed in the MarketWatch correct? If so, try dragging and dropping one onto the chart screen.

j2m2h2:
I have been succsessfully using the mt4 platforms on my desktop and iphone for over 18 months. Last week a notice to update came on the desktop screen. I wasn't able to perform the update at that time and can't get the update option to show back up on the screen. My desktop mt4 platform stopped working right after that, but my iphone app platform does still work. I uninstalled the desktop platform, downloaded another from Oanda, installed the newer desktop platform,  but it's still not working.
names have different suffix depending on the server which you are accessing.

1. Broker's use a variety of naming patterns: EURUSD, EURUSDc, EURUSDct, EURUSDi, EURUSDm, EURUSDecn, EURUSDpro, "EUR.USD", "EUR/USD", "EURUSD#", "EURUSD.", "EURUSD..", "EURUSD.c", "EURUSD.G", "EURUSD.SBe", "EURUSD.stp", "EURUSD+", "EURUSD-sb", etc.

2. j2m2h2 My desktop mt4 platform stopped working right after that,
    "Doesn't work" is meaningless - just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires - meaningless.
Reason: