Does anyone know if I need to deposit first into mql5 to open a freelance order?

Does anyone know if I need to deposit first into mql5 to open a freelance order?

John Suka:

You don't need money in your MQL5 account in order to post a Freelance job, but you need it later in order to proceed to the next steps (the needed amount is locked when you asign your project to a developer).

John Suka:

You don't have to deposit money to place an order.

Once you have selected the developer, you will need to deposit the funds or you cannot proceed.

I see average pricing is $30-$200 for custom EA. Why so cheap? Is it easy to code?

John Suka:
I see average pricing is $30-$200 for custom EA. Why so cheap? Is it easy to code?

The minimum price is $30. I believe if lower minimum was accepted, the average would be cheaper! Ordering freelance is like a competition, and developers are not aware of other bids.

Coding isn't such easy... and satifying customers may be more difficult than coding.

What if the job was not expected and they did not do what I was told. Is it another $30+ per fix?

John Suka:
What if the job was not expected and they did not do what I was told. Is it another $30+ per fix?

You can find all information you'll need, and more, in https://www.mql5.com/en/job/rules.

Rules of Using the Freelance Service
Rules of Using the Freelance Service
  • www.mql5.com
The Freelance section of mql5.com website is the service for fulfilling Orders of programming in MQL4 and MQL5. The Freelance service is available to registered users of MQL5.com aged 18 and older. To search for developers who are ready to write a program, an Order needs to be placed. A user who has placed an Order is hereinafter referred to as...

John Suka:

It is up to you to supply fully detailed and coherent specifications.

It is the developer's job to code the indicator/EA to execute according to those specifications.

There are occasions when the indicator/EA may not work as the customer expects, but it works as specified. That is because the person has not given enough thought to the specifications.

If the customer then wants changes, he should expect to pay more. This may not cost an additional $30 as if it is done before the job is completed, the price can be increased.

If you place a job please think carefully about the specifications and explain clearly and precisely your requirements.