signal trades not showing on MT4

Hi, first i am so impressed by the community here of traders and how well setup MT4 and MQL5 is. There is a steep learning curve with all the information.

such a wealth of information. Some generous people have put so much thought into making this work.

I have been with this signal provider thru MQL5 for about 10 days and all the trades have worked correctly.

I could see the active trades and limit orders on my MT4 that the signal was placing. it worked flawless.

then he closed the trades and I fiddled with the settings in Tools options signals. IF i remember nothing was checked and I went ahead and checked the boxes.

Now i can see the limit orders and trades he has on in MQL5 on his page, but they arent showing up on my terminal -trade screen ?  

attached is what the settings are currently.

what should i double check. I must have done something to screw it up.

right now the provider has one trade on and 3 limit orders. 

second attachment is from my journal. 

I am doing a trial of an EA, safenode,  on the same account.   

can a signal provider and EA be on the same account ?

Ok, i removed the EA from the chart, and restarted MT4. 

after a  couple minutes have not seen trades show on MT4 that i can see on the signal providers' page on the MQL5...

Files:
signal2.JPG  62 kb
signals3.JPG  98 kb

Cobra5000:

Hi, first i am so impressed by the community here of traders and how well setup MT4 and MQL5 is. There is a steep learning curve with all the information.

such a wealth of information. Some generous people have put so much thought into making this work.

I have been with this signal provider thru MQL5 for about 10 days and all the trades have worked correctly.

I could see the active trades and limit orders on my MT4 that the signal was placing. it worked flawless.

then he closed the trades and I fiddled with the settings in Tools options signals. IF i remember nothing was checked and I went ahead and checked the boxes.

Now i can see the limit orders and trades he has on in MQL5 on his page, but they arent showing up on my terminal -trade screen ?  

attached is what the settings are currently.

what should i double check. I must have done something to screw it up.

right now the provider has one trade on and 3 limit orders. 

second attachment is from my journal. 

I am doing a trial of an EA, safenode,  on the same account.   

can a signal provider and EA be on the same account ?

Ok, i removed the EA from the chart, and restarted MT4. 

after a  couple minutes have not seen trades show on MT4 that i can see on the signal providers' page on the MQL5...

Limit or stop orders are not copied into your account, until they are opened.

Thank you, Eleni

I compared trade history from my broker and from MT4. should the times and prices be exact ? 

there is an attachment to show the two historys.

does that look correct. 

also, if my computer is hibernated, or not on, that interupts the trading?   hence the vps is necessarry.

that may be some of what is causing the problem.

interesting you said the limit orders dont show until execution. I will keep a watch out for it.

Files:
signals4.JPG  176 kb

Cobra5000:

Thank you, Eleni

I compared trade history from my broker and from MT4. should the times and prices be exact ? 

there is an attachment to show the two historys.

does that look correct. 

also, if my computer is hibernated, or not on, that interupts the trading?   hence the vps is necessarry.

that may be some of what is causing the problem.

interesting you said the limit orders dont show until execution. I will keep a watch out for it.

Times must be the same, prices usually have slight differences (called slippage).

Yes, its absolutely essential to use a VPS, in order to copy well and avoid power and internet failures.

Ok, and here the trades listed in the history of the signal provider on MQL5. 

between the 3 historys. it looks like my broker and my account on MT4 are correct the same at 2019.05.17 16:57  and the entry price matches too.

but on the signal history on MQL5, the time for that trade is 16:24.  so it looks like the execution for them was 33 minutes earlier. 

hmm. my computer had hibernated and i will remedy that until i get it on vps.

could there be any other possibility for that discrepency ?

Files:
signals5.JPG  93 kb

Cobra5000:

Ok, and here the trades listed in the history of the signal provider on MQL5. 

between the 3 historys. it looks like my broker and my account on MT4 are correct the same at 2019.05.17 16:57  and the entry price matches too.

but on the signal history on MQL5, the time for that trade is 16:24.  so it looks like the execution for them was 33 minutes earlier. 

hmm. my computer had hibernated and i will remedy that until i get it on vps.

could there be any other possibility for that discrepency ?

Rent a MQL5 VPS server.

Reason: