Is there a way to look up closed positions in History (or anywhere else) via magic number?

Hi everyone,

I was testing different settings of an EA on 2 different charts with the same currency pair.  I DID use a different magic number on each chart.  I meant to use different volumes (lots) so that when I looked in my history section, I could tell which version of the EA placed which orders -- but I forgot to change the volume between the 2 versions of the EA.  The entry times are also too close to determine which version of the EA placed each order.  Because I only slightly changed some of the minor parameters of the EA on each chart, the only way to tell which version of the EA placed each order is via the magic number.

Is there any way to look up/sort orders via magic number anywhere in the history (or anywhere else) of MT5?  Thank you.

David

there is no way to see magic numbers in a history list by your naked eyes.

but you can set 2 different order comment instead. we do can see the comment. history list  could be sorted by comments as well.

maybe you need to change the source code of your ea.

bio9975:

Is there any way to look up/sort orders via magic number anywhere in the history (or anywhere else) of MT5?  Thank you.

This way.

Hao Tan:

there is no way to see magic numbers in a history list by your naked eyes.

but you can set 2 different order comment instead. we do can see the comment. history list  could be sorted by comments as well.

maybe you need to change the source code of your ea.

Thank you

fxsaber:

This way.

Thank you

Reason: