Is it possible to do "manual trading" from MT4 Virtual Server ?

Dear all,

with a MT4 Virtual Server (rented from MQL5.com, setup and synchronized from MT4) is it possible to do "manual trading" from there (from the virtual server's ip) ?
As I understood that on the Virtual Server, one can only run EA to trade.

best regards,

seffx

Soewono Effendi:

Dear all,

with a MT4 Virtual Server (rented from MQL5.com, setup and synchronized from MT4) is it possible to do "manual trading" from there (from the virtual server's ip) ?
As I understood that on the Virtual Server, one can only run EA to trade.

best regards,

seffx

You can trade manually by using the Metatrader smartphone app

Fernando Morales:

You can trade manually by using the Metatrader smartphone app

Thank you for your reply, but I believe you do not understand my question, unless you have ever used MT4 Virtual Server before.

Ty Ha Hoang:

I think not because MQL5.com provides VPS system automatically and does not provide ip, user and password for you to directly access the server. If you want to trade and execute directly on the server, you can hire VPS of another company (you can search on google).

That is my understanding too.
MQL5 VPS (or to avoid confusion, I suggest to rename it PVS, Private Virtual Server) is just a synchronziable MT4 terminal (instance) without direct UI (like desktop terminal). Thus, no possibility to do manual trading.
And its service does not include VPN like service, i.e. I can not route my local internet traffic through that Virtual Server's IP.

Soewono Effendi:
Thank you for your reply, but I believe you do not understand my question, unless you have ever used MT4 Virtual Server before.

Yes, I understand you question. As you point out the virtual VPS is meant for running EAs and indicators. Is not possible to do "manual trading from there", you just use the smartphone app.

However, if your question is "Can I access the virtual server using remote desktop?". The answer is NO, because the virtual server is designed to be controlled from the metatrader terminal only. Due to this limitation, the EAs I run from there can be controlled from the metatrader app.

Fernando Morales:

Yes, I understand you question. As you point out the virtual VPS is meant for running EAs and indicators. Is not possible to do "manual trading from there", you just use the smartphone app.

However, if your question is "Can I access the virtual server using remote desktop?". The answer is NO, because the virtual server is designed to be controlled from the metatrader terminal only. Due to this limitation, the EAs I run from there can be controlled from the metatrader app.

OK. thanks. You also confirm that one can not login to the Virtual Server to do "manual trading"  It is only for automated tradings.
Next question will be, how safe/secure one's MT4 master password is, when using such services.
Is the MT4 master password "somehow" exposed to other party, so that someone might misuse it ?
🤔
Reason: