Is my MT4 account's master password exposed ?

Using the VPS services in https://www.mql5.com/en/vps , is my MT4 account's master password exposed (to anyone) ?

How safe / secure is my MT4 when I trade automatically using EA on the VPS ?
I couldn't find any support form/email to contact to verify my situation on the above mentioned link.
:(

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only $10 per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the platform...

i don't know why the password would be more exposed than on a regular PC.

maybe if the clipboard is shared between your regular PC and the VPS then it's possible to retrieve the password, if you simply copy from the regular PC and paste it in the VPS ? but imho it is probably encoded/protected

but what is sure is that the stuff ON the VPS is not secure. so, to encode your EAs/indis with the account number is more important than to care about master password

Jeff

Jean Francois Le Bas:

i don't know why the password would be more exposed than on a regular PC.

maybe if the clipboard is shared between your regular PC and the VPS then it's possible to retrieve the password, if you simply copy from the regular PC and paste it in the VPS ? but imho it is probably encoded/protected

but what is sure is that the stuff ON the VPS is not secure. so, to encode your EAs/indis with the account number is more important than to care about master password

Jeff

Thanks for replying Jeff.
This MQL5.com "VPS" is different than common VPS (with desktop/console login).
"VPS" here, refers to the "virtual mt4/mt5 server" that you can synchronize from within your local MT4/MT5 desktop terminal.

It was a bad choice to name the service VPS, a misleading name that confuses many.
I would maybe name it simply MVS for Metatrader Virtual Server to avoid confusion.
Reason: