Understanding chart High/Low vs Bid/Ask

I initially test my code by creating an indicator to display over charts (primarily daily charts) showing entry and exit points and colored lines to indicate profits vs losses.  I use the Open / High / Low / Close to make estimates of where my trades will enter and exit.  Now I'm testing my code in the Strategy Tester, but surprisingly I see orders being opened or closed at values outside of the bars (in particular above).  So does this mean that the charts are not showing both the Bid and Ask prices in the High and Low values?  If so, is there a way to change the charts so that the High and Low includes both the Bid and Ask?  I only see where you can turn on the Bid line during active trading but I don't see any changes in the history.  How do you handle this lack of information when developing your strategies?

dweems: How do you handle this lack of information when developing your strategies?
  1. All charts are bid charts.

2. In MT5 you have the spread value. In MT4 I run an indicator that maintains average/max spread.

3. You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid.
    • Your buy order's TP/SL are triggered when the Bid reaches it. Not the Ask.
    • Your sell order's TP/SL will be triggered when the Ask reaches it. To trigger at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
                MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3
    • The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools -> Options {control-O} -> charts -> Show ask line.)

William Roeder:
  1. All charts are bid charts.

2. In MT5 you have the spread value. In MT4 I run an indicator that maintains average/max spread.

3. You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid.
    • Your buy order's TP/SL are triggered when the Bid reaches it. Not the Ask.
    • Your sell order's TP/SL will be triggered when the Ask reaches it. To trigger at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
                MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3
    • The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools -> Options {control-O} -> charts -> Show ask line.)
Thanks!
Reason: