Discussion of article "Developing graphical interfaces for Expert Advisors and indicators based on .Net Framework and C#" - page 3

I've created a C# WinForm class based on the above TradingForm. I've added some features and they are working very well.

Actually I'm trying to add additional form-elements via Nuget, but the Form doesn't show up when the libs are referenced and used in the code.

So is it possible to do this or is there an other way to work with referenced libs ?

Thanks in advance for some hints :-)

Mano #:
Can we attach this .Net app into chart?
Were you able to do that? I really need it

Mano #:

For MT4, We need to do some changes on MtGuiController.dll. like DLLEXPORT using RGiesecke.DllExport and marshalling input & output parameters.

This does not work for MT4. I tried without any results.

Pete #:

I'm relative new to MQL5 and I learned a lot from this article! Thanks very much!

I have one question. Have been struggling a bit for the past 2 days to figure this out down below.

I have successfully completed each step a couple of times even on another computer but everytime when I try to compile the code I get an error message.

The MQL compiler states : "Undeclared Identifier" for any of the enumerations down below.

If I "comment" these enumerations out from MQL5 then it works accordingly which is interesting since this means that the code works but can't read the enumerations which is my guess?

If someone can help me I would greatly appreciate :)

Thanks,

I read that you need to declare the enums as well in the MQH File as the same exact way that were declared inside the DLL.

Mano #:

For MT4, We need to do some changes on MtGuiController.dll. like DLLEXPORT using RGiesecke.DllExport and marshalling input & output parameters.

string ReceiveEvent(int event_n); // Returns JSON string.. Use JAson.mqh to Deserialize objects

How do I use this inside OnTimer()?

I am using the same approach as explained in the article

void OnTimer()
{
   CJAVal data;

for(static int i = 0; i < EventsTotal(); i++)
   {
      data.Deserialize(ReceiveEvent(i));
      Print(data.["id"].ToStr());

}   
}

My question is: what int do I need to pass inside the ReceiveEvent function?
Sorry for my ignorance but I don't get it.

Hello there!! It is very useful article since we are able to integrate dot net application into MT5/4.
A big thanks to the writer. 

I am not used to c# but vb. I tried to create a form with vb dot net and have it in the MT5 terminal.  But failed.

Can anyone please me? 
Is this connector only support c#? 
Any chance to work with vb.net??
Appreciate your help. 
Thanks in advance. 

enum GuiEventType
{
    Exception,
    ClickOnElement,
    TextChange,
    ScrollChange
};
adding the above in the mql5 file works.
Reason: