MetaEditor crashed during saving deleteing entire code. Help!

Metaeditor has crashed during saving and my new EA is completely GONE!!!

Is there a way to decompile the compiled EA? Or do i have to start from scratch!? :(

i was about to create a copy after this save as the version was showing some good results......

maybe Metaeditor stores .bak somewhere? please help 

it never crashed before and now it crashed then i did not have any previous copy. ARRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

It should have restore option like word and excel when they crash... 

angreeee:

it never crashed before and now it crashed then i did not have any previous copy. ARRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

It should have restore option like word and excel when they crash... 

Hi angreeee, you can't decompile (also this is not legal), maybe you can try some file recovery Windows software to try recovery your source code file disk image, for instance some software at http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm.

Anyway, next time use some backup solution for any new version (the simple one I know is just rename your original source), to avoid new problems.
17 Free Data Recovery Software Tools
17 Free Data Recovery Software Tools
  • Tim Fisher
  • www.lifewire.com
Many free data recovery programs exist that can help recover your accidentally deleted files. These file recovery programs can help you recover, or "undelete" files on your computer. Files you have deleted and then recently emptied from your Recycle Bin are often still present on your hard drive (or USB drive, or media card, etc.) and can be...

figurelli:
Hi angreeee, you can't decompile (also this is not legal), maybe you can try some file recovery Windows software to try recovery your source code file disk image, for instance some software at http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm.

Anyway, next time use some backup solution for any new version (the simple one I know is just rename your original source), to avoid new problems.

thanks i already tried that. The problem is that while saving metaeditor created 0 byte file on top of the source code so it destroyed the file header and the recovery programs found nothing. Also it was on the same partition as my temp and documents and settings folders so it would be quickly erased in case of any download, so I think the file is lost.

I will use this as an opportunity to add more features into the code while rebuilding the algorithm. Maybe a good idea would be adding option to create .bak files in options from the last copy, but that is a case for Service Desk. Thanks for your answer.

It is also a good lesson to advance versions after every few steps and make separate copies. Thinking now I could get much worse moments than this one if metaeditor hang during saving (like losing 2 week work as i was working on 1 file for 2 weeks before advancing to next version and saving as new file)

All what you need is already available in MetaEditor, it's MQL5 Storage.

angreeee:

thanks i already tried that. The problem is that while saving metaeditor created 0 byte file on top of the source code so it destroyed the file header and the recovery programs found nothing. Also it was on the same partition as my temp and documents and settings folders so it would be quickly erased in case of any download, so I think the file is lost.

I will use this as an opportunity to add more features into the code while rebuilding the algorithm. Maybe a good idea would be adding option to create .bak files in options from the last copy, but that is a case for Service Desk. Thanks for your answer.

It is also a good lesson to advance versions after every few steps and make separate copies. Thinking now I could get much worse moments than this one if metaeditor hang during saving (like losing 2 week work as i was working on 1 file for 2 weeks before advancing to next version and saving as new file)

This is right for any peace of software or file, you lost your code however you learned never do anything unless you have a backup. So, take a look at my simple suggestions, Alain suggestion (that is ready here to be used) or any other solution you trust, to avoid future cases. Good luck next time!