Signal - account equity 0.00 less than limit

Since a couple of days I have subscribed to one of the signal providers but it appeared now already 2 or 3 times that overnight my positions are closed and I saw the following reason in the log file:

Signal - account equity 0.00 less than limit [amount], close all positions opened by signal

Signal - close all positions
Signal - subscription disabled

This is quite annoying and could result as well in a loss when positions are negative at the time that I get this message. FYI I have switched off automatic synchronization without confirmation because I have still 2 other EA's running on the same account and otherwise these orders will be closed as well during synchronization.

Anyone any idea whether this is an issue related to MT4 (I am using the Signals in MT4) or is i.e. because the broker provides wrong information due to a connection interruption or because the broker deliberately send a wrong account total in order to disturb the signal service (which I don't think but you never know)

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Marcel2010, 2014.05.14 22:17

I have noticed that if you switch on Signals and tick the box 'Synchronize positions without confirmations' all positions will be synchronised on a regular basis including all postions which are created by another EA. Is it possible to build in the possibility/option that the synchronization will take into account the Magic number or the Comment field to synchronize positions which would mean that positions of other EA's are not closed?  

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Marcel2010, 2014.05.14 22:11

Is it possible when using the signal service to exclude certain symbols? In my case I am compliancewise not allowed (or with certain rules like a minimum holding period) to trade gold while currency pairs are not a problem. I am interested in a certain signal provider but this provider is also trading gold, so if I am not able to exclude the signals related to gold I get into trouble, hence my question whether it's possible to exclude certain symbols. 

Hi newdigital, I don’t find it very useful what you have done with two of my posts. First of all I think it’s not very useful to move two of my questions under my first questions because now you have 3 different items under the same question and that makes searching in the forum quite difficult. I don’t have a clue what you mean by just answering ‘Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing strategies’ (Btw I don’t see such a section on the forum). Does it mean you have moved my question to this forum? Or does it mean that my questions are already answered in this forum? If that’s the case could you be more precise and tell me where these answers are. What you have done right now is not really helpful!  It’s not without reason that I post these question! I have searched already on several words related to my questions but couldn’t find the answers. Also a more advanced searching tool is not available which would be very helpful. And lastly, aggregating these post/questions is just the problem! Quite often you see items with 40+ or even much more pages where the questions within the topic are going all over the place! Do you think it’s easy to find the answers in those extensive topics? So if you don’t mind I will post again my questions as separate topics.

Marcel2010:

Hi newdigital, I don’t find it very useful what you have done with two of my posts. First of all I think it’s not very useful to move two of my questions under my first questions because now you have 3 different items under the same question and that makes searching in the forum quite difficult. I don’t have a clue what you mean by just answering ‘Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing strategies’ (Btw I don’t see such a section on the forum). Does it mean you have moved my question to this forum? Or does it mean that my questions are already answered in this forum? If that’s the case could you be more precise and tell me where these answers are. What you have done right now is not really helpful!  It’s not without reason that I post these question! I have searched already on several words related to my questions but couldn’t find the answers. Also a more advanced searching tool is not available which would be very helpful. And lastly, aggregating these post/questions is just the problem! Quite often you see items with 40+ or even much more pages where the questions within the topic are going all over the place! Do you think it’s easy to find the answers in those extensive topics? So if you don’t mind I will post again my questions as separate topics.

All your questions are already been asked numerous times. Please read a little : Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service

Support for Signals Service is here : Service Desk.

Reason: