BUG: Stop loss tooltip displays incorrect loss value

When using Stop Limit order, Stop loss tooltip displays incorrect value calculated from Stop limit value instead of limit value.

Might be good idea to check the Take Profit calculation.

MT5 V: 5.00 build 2007

Sergey Golubev:

The service desk is dealing with the financial issues only.
Any technical issues or the other issues should be discussed on the forum.

The forum seems to be useless for this. I posted a bug a month ago and didn't get any response.

I guess Metaquotes decided to stop "End User support" for it's products.

It's probably a good idea to forward platform issues to the broker.

Elia Burstein:

The forum seems to be useless for this. I posted a bug a month ago and didn't get any response.

I guess Metaquotes decided to stop "End User support" for it's products.

It's probably a good idea to forward platform issues to the broker.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Elia Burstein, 2019.03.21 21:17

When using Stop Limit order, Stop loss tooltip displays incorrect value calculated from Stop limit value instead of limit value.

Might be good idea to check the Take Profit calculation.

MT5 V: 5.00 build 2007

Metatrader's developers are reviewing the bug which they can replicate it.
It means: you told about bug, and they can repeat it to see - "yes, it is the bug".

But if you told about the bug (and no screenshots, no any details or code ... nothing), and no one can repeat it - so sorry.

Sergey Golubev:

Metatrader's developers are reviewing the bug which they can replicate it.
It means: you told about bug, and they can repeat it to see - "yes, it is the bug".

But if you told about the bug (and no screenshots, no any details or code ... nothing), and no one can repeat it - so sorry.

This bug is super easy to replicate. Create a "Stop limit order" with any values. hover over the stop loss and read the loss value in pips/currency. This value is wrong

Do you actually need a screenshot of the tooltip to do this?

To replicate:

1. Create a Buy Stop Limit Order or Sell Stop Limit Order with any DIFFERENT values.

2. place the mouse pointer over the stop loss line and read the text.

The loss in the text is wrong

I've sent those two your posts above to rus part of the forum (with translation) on the threads for admins' consideration (to the thread where the Metatrader developers are replying for fixing) - post #452

Thanks for the information about possible bug.

Elia Burstein:

This bug is super easy to replicate. Create a "Stop limit order" with any values. hover over the stop loss and read the loss value in pips/currency. This value is wrong

Do you actually need a screenshot of the tooltip to do this?

I re-sent your two posts (translated them to the Russian) from your thread (using the "to pocket" feature) to the MQ thread in rus part of the forum - for Metatrader's developers for their consideration.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Sergey Golubev, 2019.04.05 13:51

I've sent those two your posts above to rus part of the forum (with translation) on the threads for admins' consideration (to the thread where the Metatrader developers are replying for fixing) - post #452

Thanks for the information about possible bug.

Do not double post.

I have moved your other posts to this topic.

Keith Watford:

Do not double post.

I have moved your other posts to this topic.

It seems like there is no support anymore. Only moderation and obfuscation.

Elia Burstein:

It seems like there is no support anymore. Only moderation and obfuscation.

There is quite a lot of support here in the forum.

I removed your other duplicated post because there is absolutely no point in having multiple topics by the same person regarding the same issues.

It can be extremely annoying when someone spends their valuable time replying to a post only to find that somebody else had already answered it in another topic. In fact, this can put them off trying to assist anyone else.

If you want more support than you can find in the forum, contact the service desk. The forum is not Metaquotes, it is a forum for users of MT4 and 5.

Keith Watford:

There is quite a lot of support here in the forum.

I removed your other duplicated post because there is absolutely no point in having multiple topics by the same person regarding the same issues.

It can be extremely annoying when someone spends their valuable time replying to a post only to find that somebody else had already answered it in another topic. In fact, this can put them off trying to assist anyone else.

If you want more support than you can find in the forum, contact the service desk. The forum is not Metaquotes, it is a forum for users of MT4 and 5.

I have no issue with the principle and importance of moderating double posting and I agree with your explanation. But my two posts were unrelated.

One post was about a bug in the MT5 product that still didn't get a reply after almost a year.

the second post was about the lack of support after removing product support from the service desk

quote:

"In case of any issues with financial operations on MQL5.com, create a request and we will try to help.

If you have any technical questions related to the platform, website, services or MQL5 language features, ask them on the  Forum. You can also share your suggestions for developing our projects there."

That means that only if you have problem depositing or withdrawing funds from MQL5.com you can open a ticket there. For everything else refer to the forum for support (which I did)

If what you say is true and the forum is only for the community and there is no official support here. Then my conclusion was right and MetaQuotes stopped all support for it's products.

Reason: