EA input parameter values not updated in strategy tester

All,

I'm sure there is a very simple answer to my question, but I ran out of ideas.

I want to backtest a simple EA, just to learn MQL5 and test different EA strategies. I have an "input parameter" section which is shown (names and values) when I apply an EA to a chart. If I change an input parameter value in the code and run compile these changes are shown when applying the EA to a chart (This is the behaviouir I expect!). However if I want to run a backtest only new parameters show their correct values. All existing parameters are used with some old and outdated values. Do I need to tell MT5 to update these values? Or is this the wrong way of using input parameters alltogether?

Thanks in advance!

I think this is intended behavior. It's quite convenient in the way that if I run tests, make an improvement to my EA and resume testing, the previously optimized inputs do not flip back to their defaults.

KsSpam: Do I need to tell MT5 to update these values?

Like pressing the reset button?

whroeder1:

Like pressing the reset button?

Well, what can I say... First I thought you were kidding (Sorry!), then I searched for a reset button and finally I found the option "Standard" (German version of MT5) in the context menu on the Variables Tab of the Strategy Tester. And that did the job. Thanks for your support!

--> Solved

KsSpam:

Well, what can I say... First I thought you were kidding (Sorry!), then I searched for a reset button and finally I found the option "Standard" (German version of MT5) in the context menu on the Variables Tab of the Strategy Tester. And that did the job. Thanks for your support!

--> Solved

Excuse me but I don't find reset button?! Where is it??

MT4: Tester → Expert Properties → bottom right button.

Hi community,

is there a way to manage the updating of input variables by code, not by pressing the "Standard"-Menue-option?

I had the same problem on MT5. And this is how I solved it:

`Strategu Tester => Inputs => Right click on the tab => Defaults`.

Reason: