EA + MQL5 VPS?

Hi guys,

I just ordered the MQL5 VPS for the first time and I want to make my EA run on it.

I created the charts and added my EA settings and I got the happy smiling emoji on the top right of the chart. However, when I click on "synchronize with VPS", the happy smiling emoji changes into a sad one. Is this okay? In like, so it will make sure it will not open a double trade on VPS and my own laptop? Or am I doing something wrong?

Looking forward to your answers, thanks in advance!

Regards,

A newbie FX EA trader.

sirfugy:
Hi guys,

I just ordered the MQL5 VPS for the first time and I want to make my EA run on it.

I created the charts and added my EA settings and I got the happy smiling emoji on the top right of the chart. However, when I click on "synchronize with VPS", the happy smiling emoji changes into a sad one. Is this okay? In like, so it will make sure it will not open a double trade on VPS and my own laptop? Or am I doing something wrong?

Looking forward to your answers, thanks in advance!

Regards,

A newbie FX EA trader.

Yes, this is normal, when you synchronize with your MQL5 VPS, the trading environment is moved to the virtual server, so its stopped locally in your computer.

Then you can check the MQL5 VPS (right click) Journals, to see if everything runs normally on the server.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Yes, this is normal, when you synchronize with your MQL5 VPS, the trading environment is moved to the virtual server, so its stopped locally in your computer.

Then you can check the MQL5 VPS (right click) Journals, to see if everything runs normally on the server.

Thank you Eleni! That helps a lot!

Reason: