VPS Death Spiral to $0 - What Caused This?

All, 

I'm very new to this and had something happen in the middle of the night with my VPS and am not sure what caused it. Please let me know any thoughts you have on how to prevent this in the future.

Here's my best understanding of description of what happened based on the VPS logs. This account had $150 in it with 95%(the max) of the account managed by the signal.

- Signal provider takes on 12 positions

- My VPS takes on 10 positions for me.

- Then my VPS when trying to take on the 11th position posts the following logs:

1. order sell 0.01 GBPUSD opening at market sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000 failed [Not enough money]

2. Signal - trade request failed [Not enough money]

3. Signal - synchronization terminated, cannot copy position [#70798745 sell 0.05 GBPUSD at 1.30591]

4. Signal - synchronization failed, processing of trade actions disabled

5. Signal - connecting to signal server

- Then after reconnecting there would somehow be a couple of trades that got closed out so now I'm down to 8 positions - which created a loss.

- VPS would then try over and over every 2 minutes to try and take on the other 4 positions it was not in and give the 1 - 5 logs above.

- Then again at some point when it started up again it there would be a couple more positions that somehow got closed (though there are no logs talking about closing any trades and signal provider hand't closed any).

- It then did this over and over for hours on end until it took my account all the way down to $1.28

Was this a matter of having too small of a balance? I figured the VPS would just not take on all the positions if the balance in the account was too low. How do I prevent this from happening in the future? 

You think its a good idea to take on 12 positions on a $150 account?

I am speechless.

You can prevent this by adding at least $12.000

This is the leverage of your broker, to secure your capital you can not open a lot of trades at the same time.
Reason: