awful backtest quality

hi whats wrong with mt5 ? i ran an expert on tester it was so good but in real trading results are completely different 

this is so un reliable , i ran it with random ping it was good , ran it with different broker good result but in real ?

shame   

Mohammad Velayati:

hi whats wrong with mt5 ? i ran an expert on tester it was so good but in real trading results are completely different 

this is so un reliable , i ran it with random ping it was good , ran it with different broker good result but in real ?

shame   

There is nothing wrong with MT5. It looks like you have developed a "perfect" courve fitting EA.

Always forward test your experts on a range of out of samples data. There are many discussions about how to prevent courve fitting:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/154486

Back testing and curve fitting
Back testing and curve fitting
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, I've been back-testing my EA over longer periods (1-4 years) in order to find a 'good' set of parameters...

Taeng:

There is nothing wrong with MT5. It looks like you have developed a "perfect" courve fitting EA.

Always forward test your experts on a range of out of samples data. There are many discussions about how to prevent courve fitting:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/15448

no its not , i set back test quality to highest precious mode that is, every ticks based on real ticks  but i made 10 dollar profit in one trade and on backtest there is nothing nothing but it shows loss how do you see this 

Mohammad Velayati:

no its not , i set back test quality to highest precious mode that is, every ticks based on real ticks  but i made 10 dollar profit in one trade and on backtest there is nothing nothing but it shows loss how do you see this 

Perfectly normal.

Explain how the two should or even could be related.

Marco vd Heijden:

Perfectly normal.

Explain how the two should or even could be related.

when you see a loss or profit on real account you should see it on back test atleast onn the most precise mode that is every ticks base on real ticks if it is not so you cant rely on mt5 back tests 

That's incorrect.

Marco vd Heijden:
That's incorrect.

would you please explain a little bi more?

There is little to explain.

The tester is not a live feed and a live feed is not the tester.

You can get an approximation to some extend but not a carbon copy.

Screenshots, logs? What exactly happened?

"i ran an expert on tester it was so good but in real trading results are completely different." -> here you say your EA performed better in backtest

"...  but i made 10 dollar profit in one trade and on backtest there is nothing nothing but it shows loss" -> here you say your EA performed better on real account

lippmaje:

Screenshots, logs? What exactly happened?

"i ran an expert on tester it was so good but in real trading results are completely different." -> here you say your EA performed better in backtest

"...  but i made 10 dollar profit in one trade and on backtest there is nothing nothing but it shows loss" -> here you say your EA performed better on real account

yes and it could be different 

Reason: