Simultaneous backtesting?

Free online backtester? Thinking of a way to test simultaneously.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How I Do BackTest For five Symbol In the Same Time Show Me On The Chart - like live trader ?

Sergey Golubev, 2019.01.31 17:11

So, if you are having (or you coded) multi-currency EA (traded few/several/many symbols on the same time by attaching to one chart only) - you can backtest it on MT5 with no problem at all.

To make it shorter (from here)

The Strategy Tester is a multi-currency tool, which allows you to test and optimize strategies trading multiple financial instruments. The tester automatically processes information of all symbols that are used in the trading strategy, so you do not need to manually specify the list of symbols for testing/optimization.

You can read this part of the article here

One of the most important and expected updates in MetaTrader 5 is the multicurrency strategy tester. Now, traders have unlimited possibilities for testing and optimizing the Expert Advisors that trade several symbols.

and some more information here: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/algotrading/testing 

Enable Required Symbols in Market Watch for Multi-Currency Expert Advisors

The Strategy Tester allows backtesting strategies that trade multiple symbols. Such trading robots are conventionally called multicurrency Expert Advisors.

The tester automatically downloads the history of required symbols from the trading platform (not from the trade server!) during the first call of the symbol data. Only the missing price history data are additionally downloaded from the trading server.

Before you start testing a multi-currency Expert Advisor, enable the symbols required for testing in the Market Watch. Open its context menu, click "Symbols Symbols" and enable the required instruments.

Enable required symbols in Market Watch for multi-currency Expert Advisors

Sergey Golubev:

You can read this part of the article here

and some more information here: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/algotrading/testing 

for a mql4 code*

gouki1001:

for a mql4 code*

I know that it is not obvious, but topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.

In future please post in the correct section.

I will move your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

Sergey Golubev:

To make it shorter (from here)

Yes, MT5 can test multi currency EA easily, but it does NOT open all related charts automatically, this is our problem!

Reason: