New Feature request (additional periods)

Hello,

I'd like the periods, yearly, 5 year and 10 year periods adding so that we can do long term analysis.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

imamushroom

Hundreds of data are required to perform chart analysis.

For example, to display 100 candles in the 10-year timeframe chart, you need data from 1000 years ago.

Do you think it is possible to get them?

You assume that I want to use traditional indicators on the data with large data periods, I'm not. I want to view the data and place some short period custom indicators on the data so 10-15 years worth of information would be enough for my requirements.

I don't think the platform should be limited by assumptions people make or traditional methods of performing technical analysis. Not all of us subscribe to doing things the traditional way!

Your not calculating what you're asking for at all, open any mt4 forex monthly chart the oldest data you'd find is in 1997, now let's see what your asking for 1 year chart that would create 22 candles as for the 5 years chart would create 5 candles and for the 10 years chart that would create 3 candles now tell me what would you do with 22, 5 and 3 candles??

AFAIK all charts are calculated on the basis of 1 minute bars. That is one reason why the history in MT is limited. As an example to calculate 50 years of GOLD would be around 60min * 24hour * 250days * 50years bars to download and store in the local computer. This would be approximately 18M minute bars to download and process.

I would think if someone would like to do long-term analyses an external chart software with end-of-day data would be better. Could someone hint to a solution that could be feed with MT5 data and would accept other data sources too, for example data from Yahoo Finance? Some long-term data is available for Oil, Gold, agricultural products, GDP, interest rates …

Maybe some of the externally aggregated data could even be feed back to MT5?

SilentForex:
Your not calculating what you're asking for at all, open any mt4 forex monthly chart the oldest data you'd find is in 1997, now let's see what your asking for 1 year chart that would create 22 candles as for the 5 years chart would create 5 candles and for the 10 years chart that would create 3 candles now tell me what would you do with 22, 5 and 3 candles??

An awful lot but I'm not going to give away me secrets! :-)

bucket:

AFAIK all charts are calculated on the basis of 1 minute bars. That is one reason why the history in MT is limited. As an example to calculate 50 years of GOLD would be around 60min * 24hour * 250days * 50years bars to download and store in the local computer. This would be approximately 18M minute bars to download and process.

I would think if someone would like to do long-term analyses an external chart software with end-of-day data would be better. Could someone hint to a solution that could be feed with MT5 data and would accept other data sources too, for example data from Yahoo Finance? Some long-term data is available for Oil, Gold, agricultural products, GDP, interest rates …

Maybe some of the externally aggregated data could even be feed back to MT5?

This is a good idea. When I get time I might try writing something to interface with an external provider as I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for this type of solution. Thanks for suggesting it.

Reason: