Discussion of article "Moving Mini-Max: a New Indicator for Technical Analysis and Its Implementation in MQL5" - page 2

newdigital:
Yes, this is for MT5. But indicators for MT5 can not be used in MT4; and indicators for MT4 can not be used for MT5. At least - it is what I know for now. For the future - no idea : some people say the we will have one MetaEditor for MT4 and MT5 and so on so I hope that it may be changed something with it.

hi newdigital:

With the permission of your ; i will open new topic about this.

TIMisthebest:

hi newdigital:

With the permission of your ; i will open new topic about this.

No need to open a new topic, please use the existing one Beta Version of MetaTrader 4 IDE Including New MQL4 Compiler and Editor

Thanks.

angevoyageur:

No need to open a new topic, please use the existing one Beta Version of MetaTrader 4 IDE Including New MQL4 Compiler and Editor

Thanks.

ok.Thanks.

Can the Author convert the code to MQL4?

Thank you. 

Hi, good idea!

but the chart of subwindows is shifted back (4 candles) from main windows.

why?  

The author should correct the problem

Thanks

Mario 

Is there an EA based on this indicator?

The whole secret behind all this is much more simple than one can think.

Let's say we have two numbers, and they do belong to a ordered series. Let them be 10 and 12. So, if we start from 30, 40 represents a 20% increase. (12-10)/(10) = 1.2. If we reverse their order, it would be (10-12)/(12) = (-2)/(12) = -1/6 = - 0,1667 (-17%).

However, let's say both numbers are unordered. So, one cannot know which one is the correct number. In this case, we simply do the average of both cases. So, the average of 12 and 10 is (12+10)/2 = 11. And their difference is (12-10) = 2. Now, we divide both numbers and find 2/11 = 0,181818.

So, the real secrete lies in dividing the difference by the average value: q = (x_2 - x_1) / ((x_1+x_2)/2) = 2 * (x_2 - x_1)/(x_1 + x_2)

No news about it. K12 maths.

But let's think about real probability, and not statistics. On can replace the denominator by the median, instead of the average. For two numbers, that would not make any difference. But for 3 or more, it would. Give it a try :)

I would really appreciate if someone convert this indicator to mt4 with source code please.

thanks

edit : After 12 hours of checking the direction indicators,..... this indicator has REPAINT !!!!

Hello Im a new mq5 coder and was wondering if its possible to add alerts to this indicator whenever the arrow appears. Cant seem to find out how to that. 

can this indicator be installed on a mobile phone using mt5. if yes, how can it bee done
Reason: