Windows 10 update and product license problems

Hello,

i've recently updated my Windows 10 system with the latest Microsoft release (10.0.17763).

First of all, all my Metatrader installations (I've 4 different brokers, 3 on MT5, 1 on MT4) lost their saved accounts and I had to re-enter login and password for each account!

Second, the most important issue, I bought an expert from the market some time ago. I can't use it anymore, after the update, because I get an "invalid license (538)" error!

There's no option to re-download or re-install, if I login into the market from Metatrader software (an "Install on the terminal" link appears on MQL5 website, visiting the product page, but, as I wrote, I've many MT installations, so I can't use the Web link, I've to install through each MT Market section).

Please, help me, because it's fundamental for my setup!

Thank you,

Mauro

Mauro Longone:

Hello,

i've recently updated my Windows 10 system with the latest Microsoft release (10.0.17763).

First of all, all my Metatrader installations (I've 4 different brokers, 3 on MT5, 1 on MT4) lost their saved accounts and I had to re-enter login and password for each account!

Second, the most important issue, I bought an expert from the market some time ago. I can't use it anymore, after the update, because I get an "invalid license (538)" error!

There's no option to re-download or re-install, if I login into the market from Metatrader software (an "Install on the terminal" link appears on MQL5 website, visiting the product page, but, as I wrote, I've many MT installations, so I can't use the Web link, I've to install through each MT Market section).

Please, help me, because it's fundamental for my setup!

Thank you,

Mauro

Hi Mauro,

unfortunately, this happens with every bigger Windows 10 update.

Before you reinstall your purchased tools from the Market you have to delete them in the MetaTrader Navigator.

Afterwards, you'll be able to reinstall them via the Market Tab of your terminal.

For those who never did this before I recommend watching the following tutorial video.

Best regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Problem with this is that every time you need to reinstall the purchased tool you will spend additional licence, even your tool was activated on the same PC before. Is there any way to avoid that?

Best Regards,

Zeljko

Zeljko Trkulja:

Hi Daniel,

Problem with this is that every time you need to reinstall the purchased tool you will spend additional licence, even your tool was activated on the same PC before. Is there any way to avoid that?

Best Regards,

Zeljko

No, but usually the Metaquotes Service Desk adds additional licenses to compensate your loss of activations.

If this is not the case I recommend writing an e-mail to the Service Desk and ask for it.

Reason: