VPS sync Problem

Hi everyone!

I have an EA that open 12 pending orders (6 above the current price and 6 under). When i run the EA on my laptop is all alright.

But after I synchronize my VPS with the EA, the first thing that happen is that all my 12 pending orders are deleted!

In the Journals of the VPS I see that after the sync it delete all pending orders... but why? who told the VPS to do it? :)

I don't understand why, can anyone help me?

I attach the Diary and the Expert logs of Metatrader, and the logs of the VPS too.

Thanks!

Files:

As I see (I am sorry if I am wrong) - you made a synchronization (means: you migrated) EA with the chart, and together with already opened trades.
If yes so it may be the problem (migrate already opened trades).

Sergey Golubev:
As I see (I am sorry if I am wrong) - you made a synchronization (means: you migrated) EA with the chart, and together with already opened trades.
If yes so it may be the problem (migrate already opened trades).

Hi Sergey! Thank you for answering me so soon! :)

I think you're right, what i've done is:

- Load EA on my chart

- The EA opened 12 pending positions

- Then i migrate all on my VPS with the "sync expert, indicators and signals" command

- Then I see all my orderds deleted! 

Opening 12 pending orders is an operation that the EA try to do at every tick... so why now the EA in VPS don't open those 12 positions?

And: as you tell... how can i migrate correctly the EA, knowing that he open those 12 positions as the first thing he do?

Thank you very much!

I do not know about any limitation concerning pending orders.
It was written on the rules and more, that open chart(s) + EA(s) + signal subscription can be migrated only.
It was not written anything related to the pending orders (or any orders) ...

You can try to monitor for the situation ... just to check: EA on VPS is openning orders, or not ...
Because there is one limitation: EA will not work if this EA is trying to call dll file.

Sergey Golubev:

I do not know about any limitation concerning pending orders.
It was written on the rules and more, that open chart(s) + EA(s) + signal subscription can be migrated only.
It was not written anything related to the pending orders (or any orders) ...

You can try to monitor for the situation ... just to check: EA on VPS is openning orders, or not ...
Because there is one limitation: EA will not work if this EA is trying to call dll file.

Hi Sergey,

ok I listen to you and I made some tests!

The OpenPrice for the 12 pending open orders is taken from a CSV file that is in my computer, so it seems like when I migrate the EA in the VPS, it can't read the CSV file anymore!

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

"taken from a CSV file" ..

I did not understand sorry ... excel files are not migrated (as far as I know) ...
You can check - your Ea is openning the trades while on VPS, or not ... if not so it may be the issue that EA is using/calling any dll file for example.

I mean: you can check the situation in general.

Sergey Golubev:

"taken from a CSV file" ..

I did not understand sorry ... excel files are not migrated (as far as I know) ...
You can check - your Ea is openning the trades while on VPS, or not ... if not so it may be the issue that EA is using/calling any dll file for example.

I mean: you can check the situation in general.

Sorry Sergey :) i try to explain: 

I have a CVS file on my PC that contains 12 Open price, for 12 pending orders I want to open.

When I run the EA on my PC, the EA correctly read the CSV file and open 12 pending orders, based on the 12 price read in the file.

When I migrate the EA on the VPS, the EA can't read the CSV file no more, and consequently can't open the 12 positions (because the EA now try to find the CSV file in the VPS and can't success, because the file isn't there).

So there is a way to migrate the EA on the VPS, but keeping the fact to continue reading the CSV file from my computer?

i hope I explained myself, thank you again!

It may be because EA is "trying to read" any dll file to take the data from csv file (same as NewsTrader EA, or in the same was as PolyfitScalper EA for example) ... but it is prohibited by VPS rules ...

I am not a coder so I can not re-view any EA for dll issue sorry ...

You can ask the coder to review it.

Sergey Golubev:

It may be because EA is "trying to read" any dll file to take the data from csv file (same as NewsTrader EA, or in the same was as PolyfitScalper EA for example) ... but it is prohibited by VPS rules ...

I am not a coder so I can not re-view any EA for dll issue sorry ...

You can ask the coder to review it.

OK Sergey!

I resolve the problem loading the 12 price "manually".

So I think we can share this new knowledge: an EA migrated in VPS can't read anymore a file on user PC.

As you say, maybe because it uses a dll to do it!

Thank you very much!!

Have a good day! :)

Reason: