Ask about the rule of freelance.

Hi,

I'd like to ask something

I doubt about some rule in freelance service. I have asked to support but he told me that I should discuss here.

But In Requirements Negotiation stage.

" The Customer shall not demand performance of works not described in the requirements specification."

My objective Is to find a developer to design an EA.
The whole of EA will be developed by developer.
I will specify the performance that the EA should has. (eg. drawdown less than 10% )

So After the developer finishes the EA.I will give the time to developer to test the ea by real-money for comparing performance with value I specify.

If the value dont pass the criteria I specify then I will reject the EA.

Can I specify the criteria for real-trading?  in requirements specification

Criteria yes but not results.

Marco vd Heijden:
Criteria yes but not results.

Criteria,

Does it mean drawdown,profitfactor,winning ratio and statistic value?

thank you

moonsky: Criteria, Does it mean drawdown,profitfactor,winning ratio and statistic value?

Do you really believe that if a developer could guarantee such "wonderful" requirements of ideal drawdown, profit factor and win rate, that they would even bother in coding it for you?

If the coder is able to guarantee those requirements then he will not even bother with you and will go straight to trading with their own EAs and profit much more than what you are paying them.

So there are only two possibilities:

• Either, you are paying the coder a huge and insane amount of money to compensate them for their efforts, instead of trading the EA for themselves, or ...
  • ... the coder is a fraud, and taking you for a ride and using flawed or curve-fitted back-tests to convince you of such guaranteed metrics.

In both cases, the problem lies with you believing in such a possibility. If it were that easy, then everyone and anyone would be making a great deal of money in trading. The reality is that only a very small percentage can do it!

Don't delude yourself. Save your money and do more research first!

Fernando Carreiro:

Well said. I agree.

Reason: