MT4 back testing varying results

My strategy worked fine then the results changed. I used the same EA and timeframe and its efficiency was still at 90% how could this be?

gouki1001:
My strategy worked fine then the results changed. I used the same EA and timeframe and its efficiency was still at 90% how could this be?

Are you referring to live trading or backtest results?

If its live trading, a product update, market & trade execution conditions or specific period may affect its results.

If its backtesting, your data feed of your broker's tester may changed.

If you used 'Current', the results would vary. ' Current' means that you want to apply the current real market bid/ask prices to the strategy tester.

I don't use strategy tester. I find its a total waste of time. The results aren't really worth reading.

Try running your results on a real account...Test proof, Good luck.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Are you referring to live trading or backtest results?

If its live trading, a product update, market & trade execution conditions or specific period may affect its results.

If its backtesting, your data feed of your broker's tester may changed.

your data feed of your broker's tester may changed.* I am using backtesting, so how would my data change? 

mt4ea001:
If you used 'Current', the results would vary. ' Current' means that you want to apply the current real market bid/ask prices to the strategy tester.

Can you explain this to me? 'Current' and its adverse effects on backtesting

gouki1001:

your data feed of your broker's tester may changed.* I am using backtesting, so how would my data change? 

Your broker's backtesting results may change if you load new data through the history center.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Your broker's backtesting results may change if you load new data through the history center.

If I download the year's data 15 timeframe and the following day I test again. What could possibly change that much that I would loose thousands of dollars difference?

gouki1001:

If I download the year's data 15 timeframe and the following day I test again. What could possibly change that much that I would loose thousands of dollars difference?

Yes, it could make all the difference.

Reason: