Are this EA results reliable? - page 2

iRick:

google TickStory

Great, thanks!

KidRob:

Thanks KidRob!

Also: what time frame are you testing with? "Every Tick" in Metatrader is actually just a simulation of what an algorithm predicts may have happened between the open/close price, "reliability" is compromised as the time frame increases

iRick:
Also: what time frame are you testing with? "Every Tick" in Metatrader is actually just a simulation of what an algorithm predicts may have happened between the open/close price, "reliability" is compromised as the time frame increases

Hello iRick. The testing is done on Daily time frame , as this is the TF of the strategy. I think the best option would be to rent a VPS and let it run to see what happens. 

Another thing i observed is that after the test is complete, when looking at the chart, some trades that have been opened  are irrelevant to what the EA should do.

On the other hand, i set the EA to M1 chart and let it play real time , and all trades are opened where they should open.

Themis Sailor:

Hello iRick. The testing is done on Daily time frame , as this is the TF of the strategy. I think the best option would be to rent a VPS and let it run to see what happens. 

Another thing i observed is that after the test is complete, when looking at the chart, some trades that have been opened  are irrelevant to what the EA should do.

On the other hand, i set the EA to M1 chart and let it play real time , and all trades are opened where they should open.

I suggest you to use TickDataSuite. All EAs before were quite profitable with the default MT4 tester,but after i bought TickDataSuite, the reality was very very different.

Use variable spread and dont forget the slippage like the photo attached,you will be amazed that all EAs i tested with this were as bad as in demo account.

Files:
11.png  130 kb

Marsel Z:

I suggest you to use TickDataSuite. All EAs before were quite profitable with the default MT4 tester,but after i bought TickDataSuite, the reality was very very different.

Use variable spread and dont forget the slippage like the photo attached,you will be amazed that all EAs i tested with this were as bad as in demo account.

I ll check this out thanks

Reason: